JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not so worried about new laws going through their normal channels as the House will block or stall anything coming their way. Someone recently told me that the immediate problem would be a Executive order from Obama that he could enact very quickly and bypass the House.

My definition of "gouging" is taking advantage of another persons misfortune in order to financially exploit them, which is completely different than simply selling an item at its current market value.

I was elk hunting over by Starkey a few years ago, when another hunter rolled into our camp. He and his partner had spent the previous day driving back and forth from their camp to where they had shot, tracked and gutted out an elk. The guy was way low on gas, he didnt have enough in his tank to make it to Lagrande, and he was needing to buy 5 gallons from us.

"Gouging" would have meant charging him $10 or $15 a gallon and taking advantage of the fact that he didnt have any other choice. I of course did not do that; we did in fact have 5 gallons to spare; so I went ahead and sold him 5 gallons for what it would cost me to drive to Lagrande myself and replace it. This was sightly higher than what I had paid for it at the cheaper stations in Portland, but it was still a fair deal for both of us and the truth is that if he had been low on cash I would have done the right thing and made sure he had enough to get where he needed to go anyway. Karma is a biotch and life is to short to be a jerk to other people.

You mean like what he did with obamacare?

No that was pushed through the House and Senate the regular way but was easier then because the Dem's had control of all three branches at the time. I am saying that he draws up a order and makes it law. I am not a expert on how it works but do know that it can be done.

And then he'll be done. He wont get away with just stomping directly on the Constitution, that would mean breach of oath of office, and impeachment. He will have to be careful with this, that is why he separated himself from it by giving it to "that b***h aint taking my guns" Biden.

I didn't realize "Dirt" was that expensive.........

I understand that some businesses are having to resort to pretty extrordinary measures just to keep product on their shelves, so I understand it when there is a moderate amount of price inflation. That all being said, if you're desperate enough to buy it at those prices, have at it.

Those prices are very revealing of one's character.

The thing is though, if Cheaper Than Dirt simply opened the floodgates and sold everything at pre-Newton prices, they would be out of inventory in about 6 hours and everyone who bought there would simply turn right around and flip the items for whatever the free market would pay. Im not defending CTD, I'm simply pointing out what capitalism is.

Wtf? This thread is still going..? How did posting this link for those members who need it turn so bad? This wasn't about prices or the possible ban. It was to help other NFA good guys.

Maybe its best to keep to ones self these days.

Wtf? This thread is still going..? How did posting this link for those members who need it turn so bad? This wasn't about prices or the possible ban. It was to help other NFA good guys.

Maybe its best to keep to ones self these days.

Forgive me, a 30rnd mag for $100, I honestly took that as a warning, not as you intended, my bad.

The thing is though, if Cheaper Than Dirt simply opened the floodgates and sold everything at pre-Newton prices, they would be out of inventory in about 6 hours and everyone who bought there would simply turn right around and flip the items for whatever the free market would pay.

Im not. Im keeping everything I bought pre-Newtown. Im patting myself on the back for being diligent. I didnt by a buttload of stuff, but im a lot more comfortable now. Looks like I got a smokin deal now. All that said, i dont begrudge any business, that faces uncertainty of re supply from vendors in this frenzied market, to charge what the market will bear. BUT............CTD will not get any of my business for a totally separate reason...their attempt at political correctness just after Newtown with a halt on their online firearms sales. Their 'explanation' afterwards was a load of crap. THATS why I wont shop there. BUt businnesses charging market value? Thats life. Quit whining. To complain about it seems to me to be completely counter to what I think most of us believe.

Check out MIDWAYUSA I am sure you can get some good quality mags there at a lower price
<broken link removed>

SCREW CTD

Or Brownell's. 10 30rd non-windowed Black PMag's for $120 AR-15/M16 PMAG POLYMER MAGAZINE 10-PAK | Brownells

Also, I did buy 12 HK91 20rd aluminum mags from them for $1.97/ea 2 days before Newtown and watched them raise the price of them 400% in the days following the shooting. With the prices they started listing for some of the items I'm still looking for and the fact that they are usually out of stock on what I want I won't be using them any longer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top