JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Brownell's for me!

If there is a ban, and I am not debating if that will or not happen, but if; all of those back orders will disappear like a fart in the wind...

Other companies are charging high prices for what is in hand for those people whom choose to weight the difference between chance and reward and in their own beliefs, it is a sound judgment to pay more now rather than never own one again. (for those individuals)

Is one magazine in the hand which cost $60 worth more or less than two magazines in the bush which will cost you only $20, IF you can catch it...

If there is a ban, and I am not debating if that will or not happen, but if; all of those back orders will disappear like a fart in the wind...

Other companies are charging high prices for what is in hand for those people whom choose to weight the difference between chance and reward and in their own beliefs, it is a sound judgment to pay more now rather than never own one again. (for those individuals)

Is one magazine in the hand which cost $60 worth more or less than two magazines in the bush which will cost you only $20, IF you can catch it...

I hear ya, I think that a lot of the people (myself included) not worrying about the AWB and having to buy mags at $100 each right now is because we already have what we need. Any extra is icing on the cake...

Why is making as much profit as the market will bear such a bad thing? And why are companies that do make a profit demonized? I don't understand.

I don't fault CTD for raising prices. It is in a nutshell simply the law of supply and demand and the free market correcting itself. If you think the price is to high or the quality isn't good enough then take your business someplace else.

I saw this coming a long time ago and have all the mags I could ever want and then some. No I'm not going to sell any.......right now.

Simple economics guys. While we are complaining about the price notice how they are one of the few places that actual still have magazines in stock. So would you rather have $30 magazines that are sold out or $100 magazines that are available.

Stopped in at Curts today, he had a few AR mags on the shelf but he is marking them up a bit and limiting sales - I think it was 5 per person. NW Armory also had some Pmags in stock, didn't ask the price but I think it was one per customer. Also hit the Fishermans near 205, almost no mags of any kind on the shelf, handgun case was 2/3rds empty, ammo shelf about half bare, plenty of bolt guns on the wall though.

Simple economics guys. While we are complaining about the price notice how they are one of the few places that actual still have magazines in stock. So would you rather have $30 magazines that are sold out or $100 magazines that are available.

I would rather have $12 mags in a month or two when Magpul catches up their production with the backlog. Plastic mags are very easy and cheap to make, and they can crank them out pretty fast. They may even be adding extra shifts because of the panic buying.

A magazine ban, should one even get past a congressional committee, will take months if not years to get through Congress. In my opinion, place your Backorder for $12 mags with peace of mind... I backordered 10 from Brownells just to show them my support. Mags will still be plentiful for a long time to come.

I would rather have $12 mags in a month or two when Magpul catches up their production with the backlog. Plastic mags are very easy and cheap to make, and they can crank them out pretty fast. They may even be adding extra shifts because of the panic buying.

A magazine ban, should one even get past a congressional committee, will take months if not years to get through Congress. In my opinion, place your Backorder for $12 mags with peace of mind... I backordered 10 from Brownells just to show them my support. Mags will still be plentiful for a long time to come.

I agree that I am not in a hurry to get an new magazines but that is not the point. If someone needs magazines right now, having $30 ones that aren't in stock does not help them. Raising the price ensures that there is still magazines on the market and also encourages the manufacturers to produce more. Though I disagree about the magazine ban if it were to occur. I would bet it would introduced in January with everything fresh in the public's mind and would only take 2-3 months to push through. Once the ban in on the table the price won't come down until the ban (hopefully) fails.

I am not trying to sound argumentative, and I respectfully ask why is it you think Republicans, Democrats from red states up for re-election in 2014, The NRA, gun dealers, firearms and accessories manufacturers, and gun owners are all going to roll over and allow a ban to pushed through in a few months without a huge, time consuming, lawsuit ridden fight? I just don't see it ever happening.....

I agree that I am not in a hurry to get an new magazines but that is not the point. If someone needs magazines right now, having $30 ones that aren't in stock does not help them. Raising the price ensures that there is still magazines on the market and also encourages the manufacturers to produce more. Though I disagree about the magazine ban if it were to occur. I would bet it would introduced in January with everything fresh in the public's mind and would only take 2-3 months to push through. Once the ban in on the table the price won't come down until the ban (hopefully) fails.

I am not trying to sound argumentative, and I respectfully ask why is it you think Republicans, Democrats from red states up for re-election in 2014, The NRA, gun dealers, firearms and accessories manufacturers, and gun owners are all going to roll over and allow a ban to pushed through in a few months without a huge, time consumng, lawsuit ridden fight? I just don't see it ever happening.....

I agree with both of you :) You about the worst-case timeline, and beavertonbuck's point about the threat of a ban. As long as there is a possible ban on the horizon, the prices will stay inflated.

If anybody sees any AR15 30 Round mags In the stores at a Normal price like $20.00 please give me a heads up. I need to buy 3 more for my personal use. Not to resale and make money. I have backorders in at Midway and S&W but have not heard anything yet.
These are for my personal collection not to make money off other people. :winkkiss: Thanks

A lot of them on this site are out of syock but they do have some in stock, but they are accepting backorders at fair prices. Also there is a limit to all mags at a limit of 2 mag per customer. but you can order 2 of one, 2 of another and so on and so on

<broken link removed>

It bugs me when people say "well, that's capitalism for ya'', or it's supply and demand. It's not capitalism, it's not supply and demand, it's called profiteering. Despicable. Wonder how many politicians, news agencies, and retailers are filling their pockets from the recent tragedies. If it bleeds, it leads.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top