Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR-15 Mags in stock.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Focer, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

2. mikeskar

mikeskar marysville New Member

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

4. Fat Jesus

Fat Jesus Oregon Member

Wow, they're getting in on the price gouging too. $500 beta mags and 100 colt gi mags

5. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

You can let them hear your comments about their pricing model on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt?ref=nf

In the last two weeks, they've received tens of thousands of comments from people who vow to never shop there again.

mattdomes and (deleted member) like this.
  6. jayleno

jayleno Western PDX Member

Hey - I've one I'll sell you for the bargain-basement, discount-house, cheaper-than-Cheaper-than-Dirt price of 89.95. And I'll clean it before I deliver it.

Wait - never mind. I think I'll keep it. Sorry.

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

They must be trying to stay ahead of other gougers.

I plan to continue avoiding buying anything from them.

8. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I'd rather bring a knife to a gun fight than order from CTD.

9. JC9995

JC9995 Greater "Clackamas" Active Member

Wow! $1k for a bulk case of 5.56:eek:

10. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Should they change their name from "Cheaper Than Dirt" to something else, "Cheaper Than ******, begin.................

11. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

We'll see if the people complaining about their behavior remember and stop buying from them. I refused to buy from them some time ago.

12. Focer

Focer Mt Hood Active Member

Like I said I am not a fan but thought I would share with the good peeps here.

13. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

14. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

it actually says "Our Low Price:$99.97". They are a disgrace.

15. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

I am sure that any company out there knows that they can only stay and survive in business via their customers. The bottom line is "sales" no matter which way you cut it. I know that this panic buying will ebb, history has always and will always repeat itself. Reading various posts, comments and sentiments from numerous members on this forum about Cheaper Than Dirt's "perceived price gouging" (I use the word "perceived" because I know some people will say this is how capitalism works, it is about supply and demand. Some think this is just out right wrong when you sell a product 5-10 times usual value). I will be curious how this company and others will fare after the panic buying stops. "We" as customers decides where to spend our money. I myself purchase from local, chain stores and on-line retailers, I do not always buy from stores/companies that has the lowest price. For the most part, price variance only amounted to a few dollars, some even just pennies. I base my purchasing decisions from stores and companies that I perceived gave me the best customer service and then the best deal for my money. I earned that money and these business will also have to earn my money. I know a company will only think of me as a singular "number" on their sale and that will not even dent a stores or companies bottom line, but when that singular becomes plural. It will be a different story.

16. newthings

newthings seaside, or New Member

If CTD wanted to be HERO, they could have taken their inventory of Pmags or metal 30 round mags and included a free one with every order over $150. For a cost of $8.00 or so, they could have more good press and loyalty and boost sales. Greedy idiots.
    Roy

17. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

That's really weird...I better get to the garden store and buy some bulk soil, because the price of dirt must have skyrocketed.

18. Gwitness

Gwitness Lake Stevens Wa New Member

CTD is free to charge whatever they want for mags.....and I'm free to shop elsewhere.

19. slightly disturbed

slightly disturbed Oregon City Active Member

they are no worse than some members on here. One lists a 60 round sure fire mag for $260! Then puts a $129 dollar add to compare it to. People on here selling 30 round ar mags for 18 when 2 weeks ago they couldn't give them away for $8. Then add the p mag idiots selling them for 30 and 40 ea. Makes me ashamed to be associated with those people. And when it all settles down they will be the first to complain that the prices are still higher than they need to be

20. skydiver

skydiver Sandy,OR Well-Known Member

Brownell's for me!

Xunal, Mr. Ben, knuckle Head and 5 others like this.