JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've only put lights on a couple of our shotguns, but I believe I'll put one on the primary AR-15. It is pretty vanilla, well, other than being SBRed, and wearing a can. Can anyone recommend a light that:

• Would be appropriate for such a carbine.
  • Mounts via picatinny.
  • Is a quality unit and can stand up to use, though not necessarily abuse.
  • Isn't bottom barrel, but not stupid expensive. To be clear, I'm willing to pay for quality up front. I'd rather buy a good one than rinse and repeat.
  • A laser is not necessary. If it is a combo, unit though, that isn't a problem. One of our shotguns is so setup and I haven't found that an issue.
Thanks friends.

I use a Surefire X300 (600 lumens) on a Magpul Scout Mount, so it sits up high, which eliminates bbl shadow. The controls are easy to use with a gloved hand, and the weight and profile of the light is minimal. At close range it is blinding. They are $220 brand new, but I bought mine used for much less. Works perfectly fine.

You could always do what ive got quick, works great, and very cost effective.

20180202_100835.jpg

I like using a streamlight tlr or similar pistol light. They don't give you a super tight beam but they are multi use for your pistols. I like that they mount/dismount very easily so you have a lot of flexibility and they are very light and compact.

Honestly, I've had great success with a simple Surefire G2; put an LED lamp in it, find a scope ring of the same diameter, and get a remote switch that is compatible with the g2. Simple, sturdy, effective, fairly cheap.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top