JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've only put lights on a couple of our shotguns, but I believe I'll put one on the primary AR-15. It is pretty vanilla, well, other than being SBRed, and wearing a can. Can anyone recommend a light that:

• Would be appropriate for such a carbine.
  • Mounts via picatinny.
  • Is a quality unit and can stand up to use, though not necessarily abuse.
  • Isn't bottom barrel, but not stupid expensive. To be clear, I'm willing to pay for quality up front. I'd rather buy a good one than rinse and repeat.
  • A laser is not necessary. If it is a combo, unit though, that isn't a problem. One of our shotguns is so setup and I haven't found that an issue.
Thanks friends.

I use a Surefire X300 (600 lumens) on a Magpul Scout Mount, so it sits up high, which eliminates bbl shadow. The controls are easy to use with a gloved hand, and the weight and profile of the light is minimal. At close range it is blinding. They are $220 brand new, but I bought mine used for much less. Works perfectly fine.

You could always do what ive got quick, works great, and very cost effective.

20180202_100835.jpg

I like using a streamlight tlr or similar pistol light. They don't give you a super tight beam but they are multi use for your pistols. I like that they mount/dismount very easily so you have a lot of flexibility and they are very light and compact.

Honestly, I've had great success with a simple Surefire G2; put an LED lamp in it, find a scope ring of the same diameter, and get a remote switch that is compatible with the g2. Simple, sturdy, effective, fairly cheap.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top