JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I FIGURED IT OUT!

When PSA built the AR-10 rifle I have it didn't work right at first because they used a 5.56 buffer spring, but what I didn't realize is they also used a 5.56 buffer tube. So when I got this recent AR10 lower it appeared to be long not because it was incorrect, but because it is actually the correct one for the AR-10 and the first one I have was a AR-15 buffer tube mistakingly put on an AR-10.

That's at least what it appears to me anyway.
i run a carbine length ar15 extension on my ar10(its actually an LR308:rolleyes:) with the dpms spring and dpms lr308 buffer

i run a carbine length ar15 extension on my ar10(its actually an LR308:rolleyes:) with the dpms spring and dpms lr308 buffer

OK..... then I didn't figure it out.

I just didn't realize there were subtle differences in length rather than what I previously understood to be pistol buffer tubes, carbine buffer tubes and rifle buffer tubes. It seems silly to have the 3/4" difference in length for what I don't understand their to be a reason for.

OK..... then I didn't figure it out.

I just didn't realize there were subtle differences in length rather than what I previously understood to be pistol buffer tubes, carbine buffer tubes and rifle buffer tubes. It seems silly to have the 3/4" difference in length for what I don't understand their to be a reason for.
maybe the longer one takes a standard ar15 carbine spring and buffer. sure looks like it from the pics

like that shorter tube has to use a lr308 style buffer because the bolt is so long. im sure the shorter one fits an ar15 with a carbine spring and buffer.

longer one allows use of a ar15 carbine buffer incase you wanna buffer the recoil? lots of options with ar15 buffers.
not a lot of options with ar10/lr308 buffers...

just a thought. i really dont know.

If you want to get rid of it, I'd be happy to replace your long one with a standard adjustable buffer tube.
I've purchased two DPMS 308 adjustable buffer tubes and two fixed tubes. While the buffers seem correct dimensionally and regarding weight - I cannot get my bolt to lock back on either my DPMS or Aero AR10.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top