JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
185AD4BE-6F95-46F1-8FEF-92F2A6B5876D.jpeg I have two AR-10 lower receivers from Palmetto State Armory. Where I am very confused is 1 buffer tube is 3/4" longer than the other. I though get they would be the same length and find it odd because the Magpul stock I intended to put on it doesn't collapse as far as the other one. They both have the same length of adjustment for the stock, one is simply longer than the other in the front having about 3/4" more dead space.

Any ideas?

F35CC6D9-060A-4C7A-96A4-BF449CD42D1D.jpeg

Both six position, the new one on the left just has a little more length in the dead space of the tube up front. They also appear to be assembled to the same depth in screwing in the buffer tube, so one is actually 3/4" longer than the other. Very confusing to me.

Put a tape measure down the tube see if it's the same on both BUT I DON'T THINK IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE . these buffer tube come in different sizes as long as the small one does not cause a short stroke your good the only way is to try it

Put a tape measure down the tube see if it's the same on both BUT I DON'T THINK IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE . these buffer tube come in different sizes as long as the small one does not cause a short stroke your good the only way is to try it

I've been shooting the one on the right and it functions fine, the one on the left is the new one and cosmetically it's just strange because I can't move the Magpul STR stock all the way forward, it leaves a inch of buffer tube exposed.

I FIGURED IT OUT!

When PSA built the AR-10 rifle I have it didn't work right at first because they used a 5.56 buffer spring, but what I didn't realize is they also used a 5.56 buffer tube. So when I got this recent AR10 lower it appeared to be long not because it was incorrect, but because it is actually the correct one for the AR-10 and the first one I have was a AR-15 buffer tube mistakingly put on an AR-10.

That's at least what it appears to me anyway.

The fact is 3/4 incI WON'T make a difference when you add a law folding stock addapter to a gun it add a incI but you use the same spring they just give you a little thing to make your BCG LONGER .AS LONG AS YOUR SPRING AND BUFFER ARE NOT BOTTOM OUT AND CAUSING A SHORT STROKE YOUR GOOD

If it is bottom out you can cut the spring or all buffer has this rubber bottom use a razor and cut it down a little bit I did it on my pistol because I got a short stroke every once in a while. IMG_20180515_204504.jpg IMG_20180515_204734.jpg

9161C2AD-9C52-4B28-8ABF-988FB67A78DF.jpeg

New lower buffer tube USB 3/4" longer and new lower buffer is also about 3/4" longer. Just strange why being from thesamw conpany. I'm going to contact them and see about getting some kind of explanation and hopefully exchange to make it uniform with the one I already have from them.

There are also different wt buffer springs and buffers for both the 5.56 and 308 accully three different wt buffer for both if I remember right
Of course the springs between 308 and 556 are different along with the different lengths between rifle and carbine. the buffer weights go along with these differences and there are plenty to be had from carbine through H1,2,3,4,5 then the rifle length buffers for each system are different weights also. My rule of thumb is to use the heaviest buffer that will reliably lock back the bolt on whatever ammo you prefer to run. Different gas system lengths, barrel lengths(dwell) and weather it is suppressed or not will affect this, but once the correct buffer weight is found for the combo you run the rifle should be pretty low recoil if you find the right set up.

I know there are different between the 5.56 and 308
But there are different wt for 5.56 a few different wt
And there are a few different wt for 308

Like you can get a 4 oz buffer and a 3oz buffer for 5.56
There are about 7 different AR15 buffer weights. Vltor sells IMHO the best recoil system available for the AR platform and they have H0(3.8) through H4(6.8oz) , then there's the normal Car buffer , and the rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top