Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

April Fools 2012

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drew, Apr 1, 2012.

1. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I've always liked April Fools day because of media and companies that have a sense of humor.

Google always does a number of things for April Fools Day.

This year I noticed the following without searching for what they had done. List of Google's hoaxes and easter eggs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quest mode in maps where everything was rendered as 8 bit NES RPG style to promote Google Maps for the NES. Google Maps

Google Tap for Android introduces a "new" way to type email, morse code. https://mail.google.com/mail/help/promos/tap/index.html

Google Racing introduces an autonomous race car to compete in NASCAR. Google Racing

I still think my historic favorite is Taco Bell claiming to have bought the Liberty Bell. Taco Liberty Bell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone know of some other good April Fools hoaxes from this year or earlier?

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. speedtriple

speedtriple Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

I wish gmail tap was real. As a ham radio operator for the last 40 years, I could type fast using a "dot dash" user interface input.

5.11 tactical announced their new tactical duty kilt today. Could be a Fool's Day prank.