JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rules I will follow are in photo below. I will be following a weight watchers purple plan diet but any healthy diet geared toward achieving or maintaining your goal weight is good. I will be reading instructional sections of reloading books for my 10 pages a day. For outdoor workout I will be walking. For indoor workout I will be doing a combo of body weight and dumbbell excercises along with other cardio activities.

Who is in for April 1st start date?

20210318_011032.png

Sounds interesting. I could do it except for the book thing. Not tossing my hat into the ring yet though.

Set the alarm to wake up early tonight so I could put in 45mins before work. Made two trips around big block and one trip around little block, time right at 45mins. I think this will be my normal routine at least from April 1st to Mid June. I will do the other 45mins mid morning.

I'm going to follow and support. I've just started my own plan to shape up for classes I'm attending in about six weeks. Love the outdoors aspect and I'll be including this in mine. Great job starting!!!

Day 3 of 75 Hard challenge and I weighed in at 238.4 this morning. Day 1 I was 245.2. Saturday and Sunday mornings will be my lowest weight days because of the timing of my water intake. Drinking a gallon of water a day which weighs roughly 8lbs means that there could be large fluctuations depending on what time of day I step on the scale.

Drinking a gallon of water a day which weighs roughly 8lbs means that there could be large fluctuations depending on what time of day I step on the scale.
Agreed. I only weigh first thing in the morning before tea or any food. Even then, depending on the size of dinner this can cause fluctuation. Definitely headed in the right direction!

Day 3 of 75 Hard challenge and I weighed in at 238.4 this morning. Day 1 I was 245.2. Saturday and Sunday mornings will be my lowest weight days because of the timing of my water intake. Drinking a gallon of water a day which weighs roughly 8lbs means that there could be large fluctuations depending on what time of day I step on the scale.

Weigh first thing in the morning after I take a leak.

You might want to look at casein protein shakes right before bed.
The gist is its a slow digesting. It's so your body can continue the muscle building and protein synthesis work overnight.
I have had good results. Everybody is different so it may not be of use for you or fit into this challenge.

Good job!

I am a month in for my 75 Hard Challenge. I weighed in at 231.6 this morning. The hardest part so far has been the water intake. I have settled on a schedule of drinking 48ounces before I go to work, 40 ounces at work and 40 ounces when I get home. For exercise I have been doing one 45min walk before work and one 45min walk when I get home from work.

I normally don't drink beer at home since the wife hates the smells associated with it , but I do drink a ton of it when visiting my cabin. I have made one trip to the cabin during the 75 Hard challenge and I really missed the beer. Abstaining from drinking has not been terribly difficult otherwise. Reading still sucks. I have been super tired as well. I think that is partly because I have been getting up and hour and a half early to get in a walk before work.

75 Hard update: Not drinking alcohol sucks. I have been especially irritable lately, mostly due to politics, covid BS and 2A stuff. Normally a couple of drinks at the end of day would reset my mind but now frustrations seem to just hang out and fester. Drinking a gallon of water is still sucking big time and reading hasn't become enjoyable yet. As for weight loss I have seemed to have a hit a plateau of sorts. I weighed this evening when I got up and was at 229.6

I have decided that I am not going to eat any less than I am eating now and once my weight stabilizes, I will accept that number as reaching a goal weight. It may end up being close to where I am at now. Once the challenge ends on June 15th I am going to ditch the gallon of water a day and reading. I will have a couple of stiff drinks too. I will cut back time spent working out to 60 minutes a day but I'll increase intensity with different activities besides walking. I plan to continue the current style of eating and see how things go from there.

By the way I am too ill-trained and out of shape to join the III Percenters so I have been relegated to the ranks of the 30 Percenters: https://katu.com/news/local/most-co...-of-oregonians-get-the-vaccine-gov-brown-says

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top