JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hell to the Yes!

More useful EDIT:

CC is a wireless reseller. They do not waste money on advertising and infrastructure. They buy 'time' or 'data' or 'access' to AT&T's network. The coverage is exactly the same, because the network is exactly the same.

I have been using them for several years. Been very happy, and they are adept at dealing with Luddites, which is a plus!

Consumer Cellular = AARP

Sooooooo, nope. Money goes right to the DNC...

I use Page Plus. I get Verizon towers and it's only $10/mo. Limited data, but that works for me cuz I don't surf the phone!!

I use Verizon. I say stick with a major carrier. These smaller ones pay to use others networks, and the service shows.

@CRBMoA yes they use AT&T's network but don't think for a second that actual AT&T customers don't have better service. The major players charge more for their network and they "lease" space to these smaller ones. That means their own customers take priority. Trust me, cheaper isn't always better.

Switched to CC at least a year ago.

Was paying T-Mobile $160 a month.

I now pay $60 a month and see no difference in service.

I use Verizon. I say stick with a major carrier. These smaller ones pay to use others networks, and the service shows.

@CRBMoA yes they use AT&T's network but don't think for a second that actual AT&T customers don't have better service. The major players charge more for their network and they "lease" space to these smaller ones. That means their own customers take priority. Trust me, cheaper isn't always better.

In all fairness, I am a very low level user. I would still be on a flip phone if I didn't need IM capabilty because of the music work. I do not do any heavy streaming on my phone. As long as I have dial tone, I am good. YMMV

In all fairness, I am a very low level user. I would still be on a flip phone if I didn't need IM capabilty because of the music work. I do not do any heavy streaming on my phone. As long as I have dial tone, I am good. YMMV

Dial tone? On a cell phone? Hmmmm...........:s0140:

Switched to CC at least a year ago.

Was paying T-Mobile $160 a month.

I now pay $60 a month and see no difference in service.

Dude, you're a millennial using service geared towards people over 50? LOL. And of course you saw no difference, T-Mo has awful service to begin with!

Dude, you're a millennial using service geared towards people over 50? LOL. And of course you saw no difference, T-Mo has awful service to begin with!
I'm surprised it's an older person type thing.

Fir me it was simply cost. Same service at less than half the cost.

Those big names really are getting a ton of money for questionable reasons.

From the Consumer Cellular website:

"Providers pay royalty fees to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. "

Yup, like their heavy donations to the DNC!!!

As of this month so far I have only used 1.2 MB of data so I can easily get away with the 500 MB minimum and they have a new Galaxy J3 phone for $ 80.00 - which after doing FINE with my I 5 will be be ok with it !

From the Consumer Cellular website:

"Providers pay royalty fees to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. "

Yup, like their heavy donations to the DNC!!!

Consumer Cellular = AARP / nope

I switched from AT&T like 4 or so years ago - exact same coverage (lots of it) for about 20%+ lower cost.

Has nothing to do with AARP, am not a member, never been a member - I'm aware CC offers a sr. discount through AARP which I don't use. Have 2 iPhones and an cellular iPad on the servie, all work great.

Lol, everyone here worried about AARP, but still has iPhone or similar. Made in China communist slave labor, designed and operated by liberal gun hating Americans in California.

Lol, everyone here worried about AARP, but still has iPhone or similar. Made in China communist slave labor, designed and operated by liberal gun hating Americans in California.

I like that. LOL.

And, because it's Made in China......
Maybe, (all the while due to a "special chip") even having your conversations, texts, internet history/searches and e-mail monitored by the CCP.:eek:

Cough, cough..... Watch out...... That could have been in Wuhan.

Aloha, Mark

Wife and I went to Strait talk a decade or so back. No problems at all. I have long had a "back up" phone. One of those burner phones they call them. Kept for just in case and add time every 3 months. It is Tracfone which is part of Strait Talk. While back I caught an ad saying they were offering smart phone for $20 a month, no limits. At first I thought there has to be a catch I am not seeing as this was less than half the same service through Strait Talk. I could not find it so tried one. Uses Verizon towers, I could not see any difference. So bought another for the Wife. So far had them a few months and they work great. She went to see one kid in ID and service seemed fine there and back. Comes to $23 and change a month per line after the taxes. Phones are $100 for a generic version of the S7. Far as I have seen so far the phones do everything I ever need. If they ever get where the service does not seem to work I can just toss them and go back to a contract carrier I have so little in them I would not care.

Consumer Cellular = AARP / nope

I switched from AT&T like 4 or so years ago - exact same coverage (lots of it) for about 20%+ lower cost.

Has nothing to do with AARP, am not a member, never been a member - I'm aware CC offers a sr. discount through AARP which I don't use. Have 2 iPhones and an cellular iPad on the servie, all work great.

LOL Yah, I made that up....... errr, no I didn't. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please reread post #12... that verbiage is reprinted directly from the Consumer Cellular website. They are one of the AARP associated/created partners/providers same as UnitedHealthcare. It's more than a discount, there is a fiduciary relationship. All those companies, there are a number of them called "providers", are part of the AARP machine thru AARP Services Inc, they pay/share income/revenue to AARP, and AARP sends funds to the DNC. Unlike Hartford Insurance, which I think just pays a promotional fee but I'm not sure about that one.

You can look it up... don't just post opinion that it has nothing to do with AARP! Because they were created by AARP and there's always been at least an association.

About AARP Services, Inc.
AARP Services, Inc., founded in 1999, is a wholly-owned taxable subsidiary of AARP. AARP Services manages the provider relationships for and performs quality control oversight of the wide range of products and services that carry the AARP name and are made available by independent providers as benefits to AARP's millions of members. The provider offers currently span health products, financial products, travel and leisure products, and life event services. Specific products include Medicare supplemental insurance; credit cards, auto and home, mobile home and motorcycle insurance, life insurance and annuities; member discounts on rental cars, cruises, vacation packages and lodging; special offers on technology and gifts; pharmacy services; legal services; and long-term care insurance. AARP Services also engages in new product development activities for AARP and provides certain consulting services to outside companies. In 2005, AARP Services founded AARP Financial Inc., a wholly-owned taxable subsidiary that provides access to proprietary investment products and services, including mutual funds and financial guidance, designed to meet the needs of investors at any life stage.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top