JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looked at the new Tarus g2c 12+1 9mm at the lgs today. For <$250 seems like a steal. They claimed to have sold a ton of them since they came out. Tons of 4-5 star reviews online at stores.

Anyone on here have one with real NW firearms experience?

Screenshot_20180922-121044~2.png

Well since posting this i decided to give one a try. Picked it up at the LGS then headed to the range. Put 50 rounds down range of 9mm that i happened to have and all went well.

Really like the thing so far, decided to swap the firing pin guide out for a stainless one (removes the Tarus Security System that adds some snags to the trigger pull) as well as the stainless guide rod setup. Shout out to Lakeline LLC in Chelan WA for making some really nice stuff for this Tarus and other guns as well!

FYI I typically carry either Glocks/Kimbers/Sigs so going Tarus was a bit strange to me but so far really liking it especially at the price.

Glad to hear you had a good experience. I've had my eye on one for awhile and have seen nothing but great reviews on the G2c. I know there were some mixed reviews when it was the pt111 g2. I plan on picking one up in the coming weeks. Did you get a colored one like the pic? I'm still trying to decide on either all black or stainless slide. I've heard they made a grey frame one too and I'd like to see that in person.

The newest CEO at Taurus was well aware of the company's rep when he took over. He said his top two priorities were to improve quality/CS and to put out more 100% American pistols, from design to manufacture.

Looks like he's keeping to his word.

Interestingly, they changed the lifetime warranty to just 1 year with all new models after 2017. Hopefully they will flip that back after they can fully stand behind their new product lines and worked out any kinks.

I own one and it is my carry gun, of course I bought it when they were $349.00 but other than it not liking reloaded ammo it works great. I like the trigger reset on it for the second shot and my only complaint is I wish the sights were better, but I worked around that by putting two different colors of fluorescent finger nail polish in the sights.

Glad to hear you had a good experience. I've had my eye on one for awhile and have seen nothing but great reviews on the G2c. I know there were some mixed reviews when it was the pt111 g2. I plan on picking one up in the coming weeks. Did you get a colored one like the pic? I'm still trying to decide on either all black or stainless slide. I've heard they made a grey frame one too and I'd like to see that in person.

The newest CEO at Taurus was well aware of the company's rep when he took over. He said his top two priorities were to improve quality/CS and to put out more 100% American pistols, from design to manufacture.

Looks like he's keeping to his word.

I know Lakeline llc sells truglo tritium night sights for it. I plan on eventually getting a set.

Yes I bought the fde/black, cost me $10 over all black at the LGS.

Sorry all I haven't been on the forum. I added a Lakeline firing pin guide and slide guide rod/spring. So far all is well. The pistol works great. At this point all the upgrades/ammo/holsters are still under a Glock msrp.

Holster wear/drops/etc all don't even make me blink an eye at $250 out the door + accessories. It's a great feeling.

As mentioned I'm typically big into get what you pay for, high dollar weapons but this things been great.

I worked around that by putting two different colors of fluorescent finger nail polish in the sights.
I've grown to dislike 3-dot sights immensely. I usually black out the rear and/or paints tge front dot with some bright orange (I call it Hemi Orange, but it's more like Big Block Chevy Orange... much brighter) model paint. My HD guns have Trijis, but I see no reason for that mod on a SD piece.

I have personally had enough negative experiences with Taurus handguns to make me unwilling to trust my life to one.
If they have in fact decreased the length of their warranty from lifetime down to one year, then that would be an additional strike against them in my book.
I am at the point in my life where I prefer quality over quantity and if I decide to buy a new gun I will wait until I have the funds to buy what I really want, without compromising.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top