JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a matter of pride, but of government decisions. The ordinary British uniformed police officer on the street has not been armed with a firearm since the formation of the police force.

On the other hand, tactical firearms units [TFU] are part of every police station staff in the cities and major county towns. Three counties' TFU's share the use of our club range with us, and help pay the rent.

tac

I heard something about them starting to carry.Apparently not yet though.

I believe some youth,everywhere want a self fulfilling prophecy.Kind of like they want the zombie war,they want the Armageddon to come to life.We have millions of gamers just sitting behind the computer,never leaving the house.
What could be more exciting?
Then we have the desperate,like in London

If we,as Americans weren't armed ,this would be happening here too

Go ahead and talk all you want about murder rates and gun violence over here.This is the kind of things that happens to societies that can't defend themselves.

The thing is, the USA is not even on the list of murder per capita. It may be high on the murder W/FIREARM list, but again, it's not even on the overall murder per capita list. Anti gun people don't seem to understand that, they just throw the firearm stat around like morons. It would benefit any country for law abiding citizens to have the right to arm and defend themselves.

Murders (per capita) statistics - Countries Compared - NationMaster

<broken link removed>

Look here! They're buying guns... oh, I mean baseball bats and tonfas. Amazing. They would be buying guns if they could.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/movers-and-shakers/sports/ref=zg_bsms_tab

A folding shovel is now topping the list! Nice choice when firearms aren't available!

I'm starting to wonder if it's homeowners buying this stuff or rioters? A cheap wetsuit, that may be helpfull when the police get out the water canons, just made it's entrance on the list. Maybe George Soros is buying all this stuff and having it drop shipped to the anarchists...

I would have figured that the british might have laws againsts criminals having guns maybe even laws against rioting and burning down buildings. WOW those law makers better get on it....... Hey do we have laws against criminals having guns and shooting at the cops here in the states yet? I better call my congressman

... or the anarchists are going to burn the whole place down.

That's my take on it as well. Bunch of anarchist thug d-bags joined in with what sounds to be like a bunch of d-bags being pissed that a scumbag drug dealer got killed.

So basically, its kind of of the same thing that happened in Greece. The government had to cut entitlement programs and its entitled population went nuts, the shooting was just the match that lit the gas(literally). Wait until entitlements are cut in the US...

So basically you have no idea what you're talking about.

Panic - The Smiths

I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again?

I noticed that baseballs were also big sellers on Amazon. Smart thinking - after this is all over, you'll need something constructive to do with those extra bats. A bit'o baseball is just the thing to take your mind off the troubles. Not sure what's going on with the four-man tent - a place to live after yours gets burned down?

I don't condone rioting, and if gangs were threatening me, mine, or my neighborhood with arson and violence, I would use deadly force.
That said, these kids would have to riot non-stop for ten years to even approach the physical destruction that the financial elites in the City of London (financial center) caused to Britain via the real estate bubble - same there as here.

I would have figured that the british might have laws againsts criminals having guns maybe even laws against rioting and burning down buildings. WOW those law makers better get on it....... Hey do we have laws against criminals having guns and shooting at the cops here in the states yet? I better call my congressman

I'll be kind and assume that you are either being sarcastic or have just woken up from a 150 year coma.

tac

Scary stuff, its hit even central London and now in Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. There is a picture out there of a guy being forced to strip off his clothes by a rioter.

This is more akin to the riots in Oakland or any other city when an individual of a minority is killed by police. In England the impact may be more due to the culture that is anti-gun. Keep in mind that a firearm described as "Non-Police" was recovered and one police radio had been hit by fire from the apartment. When you compare the area effected by the unrest to the whole of the city it is actually a small blip on the radar.

Boy don't ya hate it when you are wrong??? This spreading violence obviously shows that Britain has some deeper issues brewing. I hope this causes the government there to reconsider some of their social engineering.

Mark Duggan, 29-year old drug dealer, gang-member and historical criminal, was shot by a police officer whilst an attempt was being made to arrest him as part of the Op Trident crack-down on guns/crime in the black community.

He shot at a police officer, the bullet was deflected by a pocket radio, and the second officer shot twice in response, killing Duggan.

99% of those responsible for these outrageous 'responses for the gunning down of our bro' are black - 8% of the population is responsible for 80% of the crime.

Go figure.

So far almost a Billion $ damage has been done to stores, homes, infrastructure and lives.

tac

I can only hope the insurance companies around the world are all forced to sell off all their skyscrapers in order to pay for the destruction.

Its sounds bad for persons getting there private property atttacked by young thugs,, and they dont have firearms to defend there families and property. Its not a revolution when they attack there neighbors and civilians for no reason.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top