JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They tore out drip lines twice and chewed them up in just a couple days. I'm not willing to get up at 3am and chute em' . Would rather not do poison due to potential damage to critters I don't want to kill.

I was thinking maybe the big have-a-hart live traps might work? Or maybe they are too smart for that? Any experiences for how to trap them and bait ideas would be much appreciated! I do have small traps for smaller vermin so if the rats trip the bigger trap or whatever, I could live with that because I'll eventually get all the rats (for the moment I mean ha ha).

Also I saw these on amazon:

Thanks for any help!

I have a havahart trap that has successfully trapped half a dozen raccoons over the years. The biggest thing is using the right bait. Marshmallows. They love marshmallows. Another thing...where to release them. They won't cross a river so make sure you release them on the other side of a river. I take them up near Mt St. Helens.

I am a avid hunter, but also a firm believer in humane treatment of all life.

What that said... I am absolutely against the duke trap you posted. Your beat bet is to get a trap door trap, i had many success trapping racoons. bait makes all the difference

A few years back, I saw documentary about raccoons imported into Japan from the U.S., let loose in the wild, have become a huge nuisance and so are shot by government hunters.

Every night I have raccoons visit our property and thankfully theyk've never given us a moment's problem.

Daughter calls them: "Trash Pandas" heh..

Good luck! Lady across the street did Harvart Live Traps and relocated @ 9 or 10 of them.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top