Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone know a high end creative Chef that can come to my house to cook a multi course

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TOVO, Dec 30, 2013.

1. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

I am looking for a current (not wantabee) high end Chef at a well know restaurant in Portland or Vancouver to come to my house and cook a multi course meal for 6 people. I am want to entertain my best customers at my house. Not looking for someone that they think they are the next Food Network star. I need someone whom has done this before. Many thanks.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  3. TOVO

Many thanks Dune. Can you PM me Robert Irvine contact info.

4. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

I know that you're probably dead-set on hiring someone to cook for you, but have you considered cooking yourself?

5. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

6. TOVO

This is a dinner for my wife and I to put on for my best customers. Us cooking is not the experience we are looking for. Looking for a classically trained Chef to many a few small courses.

7. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

I've just found that it's not too hard to beat out a restaurant with a home cooked meal, but as you have said, it is a completely different experience. Best of luck!

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

TOVO, you might want to think about Robert. He lives in South Carolina and the host of the food network show Restaurant Impossible. I'd work from the list I put up. Maybe one or more of them would be interested or would have a direction for you to go.

Do you have a favorite local restaurant that specializes in the type of cuisine you want for your dinner party? Call them. They may have a recommendation. You may also try finding a Chef on Angie's List online. I believe you will have to join Angie's List, but that would be nearly nothing compared to a failed dinner for your customers.

Best of luck!!

9. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

How about checking with a local culinary institute? I assume you aren't looking for greatness, but a competently well prepared meal a bit above the norm so you can focus on your clients instead of the kitchen. I don't know where you are located, but there are some very good schools in the PNW including Cordon Bleu certified.

10. kickstart my heart

kickstart my heart South King County, WA Active Member

I know an amazing chef, but he's in Bremerton