JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering if anyone here plays disc golf? I am looking for a new buddy or two to throw a round with, that I would have a little more in common with, than just DG, i.e. Fishing, hunting, 2A... the usual stuff around these parts. I am kind of new to the area and have been playing by myself mostly and a lot of the guys that play tend to be on the liberal thinking side of things.

I have been playing Since 2002, typically play a few tournaments a year as an Amateur and am also a member of the PDGA(Professional Disc Golf Association). I have played 135 courses in 15 states thus far...So yeah, it's a passion of mine just like guns.

I play disc golf. I am relatively new to the area and have only played out at Hornings Hideout since I have been here, so I am pretty rusty.
Nice...Horning's is awesome. If you ever want to play some time, shoot me a PM. My schedule is pretty open at the moment. Also, I'm not uber competitive, just want to have a good time and meet fellow players. As Steady Ed Hedrick once said " Whoever has the most funs wins"

I'm rusty but always keep a couple under the Drivers aside seat in case I have an opportunity.

If your ever up in West Vancouver during a week day hit me up, the church is nice and flat or leverage park is all over the place.

Give the dog and I something to do but it's kinda blah by yourself so I haven't been out in awhile.

Not I.

I play at spots 10-15 min away max mostly.

I have heard of some really nice courses popping up over the years though:cool:

I don't play. Throw? Fling? Whatever you call it. Both those place have what looks to be pretty cool courses though.

I don't play. Throw? Fling? Whatever you call it. Both those place have what looks to be pretty cool courses though.

Sure you don't;).

You just carry discs around until the inevidible drug dealer walks by and says "Are you cool?":p

J/k man. I like to get out but now that pots legal for rec use I see people smoking it more often then not at a couple places I go. That's why the church that has a nice course is my favorite as it's quiet and clean.

Honestly it's a lot of fun, I've seen oldered couples to people with young kids paying.

It's like throwing a ball for a dog but you have to go fetch it and toss it again lol.

I am wondering if anyone here plays disc golf? I am looking for a new buddy or two to throw a round with, that I would have a little more in common with, than just DG, i.e. Fishing, hunting, 2A... the usual stuff around these parts. I am kind of new to the area and have been playing by myself mostly and a lot of the guys that play tend to be on the liberal thinking side of things.

I have been playing Since 2002, typically play a few tournaments a year as an Amateur and am also a member of the PDGA(Professional Disc Golf Association). I have played 135 courses in 15 states thus far...So yeah, it's a passion of mine just like guns.
I play a variation of the game, but instead of the discs being plastic/polymer they're made out of a ceramic material. Increasing the difficulty is that they're much smaller than the discs you're used to, and they fly really fast. No, wait. Skeet. I'm think of skeet.

I play a variation of the game, but instead of the discs being plastic/polymer they're made out of a ceramic material. Increasing the difficulty is that they're much smaller than the discs you're used to, and they fly really fast. No, wait. Skeet. I'm think of skeet.

We can totally go shoot some frisbee one day if you're into it. Two of my favorite activities combined...talk about a good time!

Have you checked out Blue Lake Park and Dabney Park up on the Sandy River?
I have. Blue Lake is where they had the Finals for the 2014 Pro Worlds that took place in Portland. It is a very long and challenging course with lots of OB (out of bounds). Of course they also get a lot of wind, being on the Gorge and all

I've never played but when I lived in kentucky we had this awesome park (Veterans Memorial park) by my house I would run around. They had several disc golf areas, but it seemed like the only people who played it were pot smoking college kids that would take frequent breaks in the trees, smoking other trees

I like to lose disc's. Usually play at Dabney, Estacada Timber Park and quick rounds at Vance if my buddies and I get the itch during the week.
Milo is a confusing course the first time you play there. It also likes to eat brand new disc's. At least the brand new ones I've thrown there. I've thrown at Blue Lake a couple times and Stubbs.
I've never thrown any of the courses in Vancouver. Mainly because my buddies I throw with live in Gresham/Damascus and are closer to Dabney and a nice motorcycle ride to Timber Park.

I've never played but when I lived in kentucky we had this awesome park (Veterans Memorial park) by my house I would run around. They had several disc golf areas, but it seemed like the only people who played it were pot smoking college kids that would take frequent breaks in the trees, smoking other trees
Yeah, unfortunately the sport has the stigma to be a stoner sport. There is some real competition going on in the highest (no pun intended) professional levels and possibilities of actually becoming an Olympic event. I don't care that dudes are smoking trees other than it gives us a bad rep.

I like to lose disc's. Usually play at Dabney, Estacada Timber Park and quick rounds at Vance if my buddies and I get the itch during the week.
Milo is a confusing course the first time you play there. It also likes to eat brand new disc's. At least the brand new ones I've thrown there. I've thrown at Blue Lake a couple times and Stubbs.
I've never thrown any of the courses in Vancouver. Mainly because my buddies I throw with live in Gresham/Damascus and are closer to Dabney and a nice motorcycle ride to Timber Park.
Timber is great too. I'd be more than happy to meetup in Vancouver anytime for some course bagging. Heck, it would be a new state for me. Inn at Lucky Mud is supposed to be pretty good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top