JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had not planed on it but out of the blue it just occurred to me I could head down to Vegas and spend a couple of days milling around looking at stuff I shouldn't buy.

Any of you going this year? Gone in years past? Whats it like? Worth going?

I have never been to SHOT and typically am not the "trade show" type but it seems like it would be a fun thing to do at least once.

Since it is such short notice It would probably simply be me getting in the car and driving down till I got bored and then head home.

Get bored? At the Shot Show? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha;)

I would love to go sometime.....unfortunately I don't have any qualifications
to be let in the door :(

Uh, no. They need to vet you and what company you are there for. If the company you are representing is already registered then things are easier, otherwise, plan on bring a bunch of info on the company.
When I signed up my company, there was a 2 week wait while they checked things out.

Gotcha, I was unaware it was that stringent.

I have a manufacturing/fab shop. I figured I could just say that I built targets or something but there really is no information to support that. (I do and have but nothing that is commercially viable in regards to SHOT)

Gotcha, I was unaware it was that stringent.

I have a manufacturing/fab shop. I figured I could just say that I built targets or something but there really is no information to support that. (I do and have but nothing that is commercially viable in regards to SHOT)

When I signed up, I had to provide info on what the company did, what category it fit into for SHOT, who I was for the company, provide photo ID and a company card. They wanted my wesite, company address, And EIN. After that it was a 2 week wait for approval.

You might get approved, but I don't know that you'd want to do it this year. I'd apply next year so you aren't wasting your time driving to Vegas just to find out you don't have everything they want to see.

I'll have to start planing for next year. I know several folks with legitimate shops who could get me in.

I have been to quite a few trade shows and none really made much stink about letting you in. It never occurred to me they would be sticky about you having a real reason to be there.

I will be there. It is a ton of fun. I mainly like it because I am walking all day looking at stuff so I spend my evenings in my hotel room eating junk food. I am anxious to see what Kimber has done with their new revolver.

As far as credentials go, I have a media pass. I was able to get it pretty easily from my YouTube viewership and from some articles I have had published.

badge.jpg

badge.jpg

You're the Yankee Marshall? Awesome! I watch your channel all the time, along with the Hickok45 channel. Good reviews and an honest perspective. I like that you don't just say everything is great.

You know what else they have in Las Vegas? Yup...... Tranvestite Hookers.

(Anyone who watches his channel should get that joke)

You're the Yankee Marshall? Awesome! I watch your channel all the time, along with the Hickok45 channel. Good reviews and an honest perspective. I like that you don't just say everything is great.

You know what else they have in Las Vegas? Yup...... Tranvestite Hookers.

(Anyone who watches his channel should get that joke)

I think he'd be more into the transvestite hookers if they were also midgets.

I'll have to start planing for next year. I know several folks with legitimate shops who could get me in.

I have been to quite a few trade shows and none really made much stink about letting you in. It never occurred to me they would be sticky about you having a real reason to be there.

The other thing would be, maybe see if establishing and running a gun-blog could qualify you for Press credentials. :)
Yeah,I mean come on. They let all these you tube hacks in why would they not let real people in?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top