JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would get a set of electronic fingerprints for ATF so I didn't need to keep sending in cards. Made an appointment with PrintScan at UPS and had a hard time getting acceptable prints due to the condition of my fingertips. Lots of cuts, lines, and generally worn smooth. Had to do an override on several fingers and each time, a warning popped up saying that the FBI may not accept fingerprints that have had an override. I've heard that healthcare workers, construction workers, food service workers and others that wear gloves quite often frequently have this same problem.

Someone on the forum said he doesn't believe that ATF is using the fingerprint cards for FBI background checks, but just keeps them on file in case they're needed. Because of that, I don't see it as a problem for that purpose.

Anyone else having problems getting acceptable electronic prints taken?

Haven't tried recently but same here. Since discovering that machine shops and construction work did a number on my prints (who knew?) I'm always stuck with the card.

And they're always closer than they appear.
BD317640-ED36-4376-BD2D-C75298CFE682.jpeg

Thought I would get a set of electronic fingerprints for ATF so I didn't need to keep sending in cards. Made an appointment with PrintScan at UPS and had a hard time getting acceptable prints due to the condition of my fingertips. Lots of cuts, lines, and generally worn smooth. Had to do an override on several fingers and each time, a warning popped up saying that the FBI may not accept fingerprints that have had an override. I've heard that healthcare workers, construction workers, food service workers and others that wear gloves quite often frequently have this same problem.

Someone on the forum said he doesn't believe that ATF is using the fingerprint cards for FBI background checks, but just keeps them on file in case they're needed. Because of that, I don't see it as a problem for that purpose.

Anyone else having problems getting acceptable electronic prints taken?
I have pretty rough hands from working produce freight and had to create a pin to clock in at work since the print reader couldn't recognize me. I also had issues getting printed for my passport a while back. The only other time I needed electronic prints was for TSA over 10 years ago and didn't have any issues with that. Never been told my paper prints created any problems.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top