JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since my Glock 43 is my primary carry gun, I wanted to extend its capacity. This Taran Tactcal seems to be the most popular. However they are pricey and there are reports of feeding issues if you use the original Glock magazine spring. When you use the Taran spring, there seems to be some Amazon reviewers who complain about not being able to seat all three extra rounds.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EGNT2K...olid=2J5BLI04H9XAS&coliid=I2JGHUUU1HVT6O&th=1

Has anyone have any experience with this? Is this item worth the purchase?

And overall, do you recommend any different Glock 43 magazine extensions? Does anyone have any experience with other extensions that you would recommend such as the TangoDown or Vickers Tactical? Thanks in advance for all your answers.

TangoDown Vickers Glock 43 +2 Magazine Extension w/Spring 2/Pack

Vickers Tactical +2 Magazine Extension for the Glock 43 VTMFP-006 43 ::

(Originally posted in the "Gears and Accessories" section.)

8dc360c3f55f6524a22310cbd0a1e012.jpg

They sponsor good talent.

I have the Tarans for two of my G34 magazines. They are decent, but rather expensive which has prevented me from buying more. I'm not sure I would buy them for my EDC G43 though...because of the cost. The TangoDown looks like a better option and (thanks to you posting those links) I'll probably be lighter in the wallet at some point today :)

Also, FWIW...if anyone is running Magpuls in the G19/17/34/26, the Tarans will not fit those mags. They only work on factory Glock mags.

I'll add another slightly unrelated bit of info...the Vickers "extended mag release" for the G43 is complete BS...it actually extends less than the factory G43, so don't waste uR time if you plan to mod the G43. I have no idea how they could bring that bit to production and not be aware of the FACT that is is NOT extended...in fact, it is kind of worse than stock because the edges are rounded and not easy to engage.

I have seven glock 43 mags with various extensions. Four tango down +2, two pearce +1, and one magguts +1. I use all 7 extended mags at the range. The mags are numbered in case of any problems. The only problem I've had is the FTfeed hollow points from freedom munitions(reman ammo). All the extensions seem to work fine with all the other ammo I've tried.

I carry 124gr HST in the mag w/magguts and my backup mag is the mag w/tango down.
The only reason I carry the magguts ext over the pearce ext, is to keep a smaller profile, no finger extension. Otherwise, you can buy 2 pearce ext/tango down for 1 magguts

Since my Glock 43 is my primary carry gun, I wanted to extend its capacity. This Taran Tactcal seems to be the most popular. However they are pricey and there are reports of feeding issues if you use the original Glock magazine spring. When you use the Taran spring, there seems to be some Amazon reviewers who complain about not being able to seat all three extra rounds.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EGNT2K...olid=2J5BLI04H9XAS&coliid=I2JGHUUU1HVT6O&th=1

And overall, do you recommend any different Glock 43 magazine extensions? Does anyone have any experience with other extensions that you would recommend such as the TangoDown or Vickers Tactical? Thanks in advance for all your answers.

(Originally posted in the "Gears and Accessories" section.)[/QUOTE

(Originally posted in the "Gears and Accessories" section.)
Sorry, first post hit submit button by accident.

I have three Taran Tactical mag extensions for my G43. Two are 2 round extensions and one is a 3 round extension.

Taran will ship replacement springs with their extensions, which is appropriate.

The 2 round extensions (8 total mag rounds) function without problems. They also do NOT extend the mag much more than a 6 round mag with the finger extension butt plate. However, the 3 round Taran extension does push the butt profile out to the point that from the base of the mag to the top of the slide is about the same dimension as my G19 - so it can "print" a lot easier than the shorter, 2 round extensions.

I carry my G43 daily and have opted for the 2 round extension.

Hope this is helpful.

Not extensions, but I installed +1 springs from magguts in two of my mags. I've only had them a little while and have put perhaps 200 rounds between the two. No issues so far.

I want to put more rounds through before I'd really endorse them, but something to think about if you want one mag that is as small as possible while still gaining an extra round.