JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys are making me Jones here. Been looking for a spot to stretch out for quite some time.
I have several spots I shoot out to 1300yds here in the Portland area - Tillamook Forest. With my 300WM Remington 700 5R Gen2.

But that is the longest range shoot I have found here in the Portland area.

I have several spots I shoot out to 1300yds here in the Portland area - Tillamook Forest. With my 300WM Remington 700 5R Gen2.

But that is the longest range shoot I have found here in the Portland area.
I'll have to get in touch with you about it.

Yesterday, I had one of the best shooting days in my life!
The sun was shining & warm. I owned the woods (no people).

I made some new loads for the 338LM that I jumped .120 & also reduced the MV by about 100fps (100gr 869). I hit the gong every shot @ 5 & 600yds! It was windy, with gusts up to ~14mph. Changing direction constantly so I doped windage on the fly by watching my wind flags.

I also have been doing load development for years on my Remington 700 5R Gen2 300WM. Yesterday, I found my sweetheart load for this rifle.
It was like a new rifle! I hit the same gongs with the first and every successive shot. I am thrilled that I finally found a load that works.

It's kinda funny. I had loaded 50 rounds for the 300WM just over a year ago using a new recipe. I was very disappointed with the rifle. So, I wasn't shooting it much.
Well, I grabbed the plastic box with these newest loads off the shelf and was incredibly surprised by the results. Once again, I have seen a rifle go from about 4MOA to sub-MOA through load development.
:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads