JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After my recent trip to SE AZ and all the gun nuts down there many of them being in RV's I got to wondering has anyone ever seen a Gun Safe install in an RV? I mean there were RVers in my Brothers gun shop that from what they said could have easily made use of a medium sized gun safe.

With all the fancy stuff outfits like Marathon put in Coaches it would seam that somewhere along the line someone would have asked for a safe.

Went to a RV show a couple years back and in one of the 5th wheels they had a lay down gun safe under the bedroom bed. Unless you lifted the bed you wouldn't know it was there.

My uncle had a coach that had a safe under the dinette. It was more a cash and jewels type safe and I wouldn't want to get to it in a hurry but it did seem to be a factory option.

My uncle had a coach that had a safe under the dinette. It was more a cash and jewels type safe and I wouldn't want to get to it in a hurry but it did seem to be a factory option.

Yep, some RV's come with or as an option small safes built in. Or you can go to Harbor Freight and buy one like I got from my work at Christmas a few years back.
Our motorhome is 41' long so I have lots of options on where to put it. I also have a drop open single gun safe beside the drivers seat and outside wall. Just got a Taurus Judge "Public Defender" for that location.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 9 until the forum update is finished
and not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I think a nice Fort Knox or some such Safe with some real nice airbrushed artwork on it would look real nice in abig Coach. My Mom lives in a 28ft Prowler in the local RV park (great setup for her she loves it) and I was just watching them big Coaches come in and out. And got to thinking.,

I think the PSI of a safe is pretty heavy for most RVs,unless the floor was specifically made for it.
But then I would assume the maker would have a different option.

The problem being,even the high end RVs are just a screw driver or a flat bar/pry bar away from a break in.Having a safe in full view isn't a great idea. Most of the time you would hide it some how.
I have used under the bed storage.It is pretty much perfect and you are laying the guns down,spreading the weight out over more of the floor space.(lessening the PSI load on the floor).
I just made a gun rack and cabled both the guns together and the bed down,so it takes some time to find out whats what.

I work at Marathon, and asked a couple guys (that might know) about this, they hadn't seen anything too spectacular, just some sheet metal safes. I actually got one of those (just big enough for an XD40, some keys, a wallet, etc) at an employee auction that I installed in my teardrop. The general consensus was that IF a customer WAS gonna install a fancy safe, they didn't what US to know about it.

I work at Marathon, and asked a couple guys (that might know) about this, they hadn't seen anything too spectacular, just some sheet metal safes. I actually got one of those (just big enough for an XD40, some keys, a wallet, etc) at an employee auction that I installed in my teardrop. The general consensus was that IF a customer WAS gonna install a fancy safe, they didn't what US to know about it.

I know that this thread has some cobwebs on it but a short comment.

As for a gun safe in a motor coach, if anyone knew there were a lot of guns in it they'd probably just steal the coach. The guns would then come with it.

I know that this thread has some cobwebs on it but a short comment.

As for a gun safe in a motor coach, if anyone knew there were a lot of guns in it they'd probably just steal the coach. The guns would then come with it.

They'd have to have some pretty expensive guns to make them worth more than the $1,500,00 coach itself, not to mention the fact that you'd be stuck driving a giant rolling billboard.

a school bus seat is rated for 3 adults (not that they can fit in the seat) at say an average of 175lbs per person (about the wieght of an average 8th grader now days) that is 525lbs the seats sit on a angle iron like rail along the side of the bus and 2) legs with about 3sq in feet screwed into the playwood floor with screws.

I would guess that a 700-800lb safe with its huge foot print wouldn't be much of a problem for most RV's afterall I wiegh 275lbs. if I stand on just my boot heel (approx 6sq in) that is a psi of almost 46 lbs per square inch. And I have no problem going through the floor in my moms Prowler 28' travel trailer. If a safe is 27" deep by 30" wide it has a foot print of 810sq in. it would have to weigh 37,260lbs to have as much PSI as me standing on one heel.

A simple closet door would hide the safe from external view. As would a draw curtain.

I don't see anyone saying they have a full size safe in their RV. Why would you want a picture of a single handgun safe?

:huh:
ok...

Anyone ever see an RV with a Built in Gun Safe

I think a nice Fort Knox or some such Safe with some real nice airbrushed artwork on it would look real nice in abig Coach.

A guy I saw at the November Vancouver gun show was telling me that he had removed the stacked washer/dryer unit and put a safe in its place.

I accept your apologies.

At the Spokane RV show this year I saw several built in safes in the higher end 5th wheels. In one of them I also saw a cheap rifle safe. It wasnt open but I estimate it could have held 4-6 rifles. It was the cheap type of small rifle safe you see at Wal Mart. It was mounted in there which is better than nothing I guess.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top