JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would never buy a Government Motors car now, or a new chrysler product. At least not untill they pay back every red cent that was taken from us to bail them out and even then I most likley would not.

I used to be a chevy man. Last newtruck I got was in 2001. A little s10. I will never buy a chevy again. From now on it will be fords. Ford sucked itup and drove on. Not the other two. I maynot make a big impact but I will not support the other two.
It is like me taking money from you to pay rent and then wanting to rent a room to you.

Wow some hardcore people here.
It is an ok truck if you like the smaller trucks. No issues that we have with ours. The 4 doors are nice but it will only carry 4 people and it is a little tight. Other than that it has not gotten stuck yet.

Government Motors or Chrapler? No thanks, I gave at the office, and I was forced. My grandchildren are going to be trying to pay that off.

We do have an '08 Impala which we bought before the bailout. Guess what? It turns out it was made in Canada. So much for buying American...

Could have bought a Toyota, made in America by American workers. Don't give me the "but the profits go to Japan." I own stock in Toyota and so can you, and the jobs are here.

My pickup is a Ford.

I have had my 03 Z71 Silverado since new. It now has about 110k miles on it. I love it and it have been more trouble free than either of the Toyota trucks I have owned.
That being said. I would not buy another Chevy right now and if I was in the financial position, I would sell my chevy now. Government has enough of my money and I don't want to support the other GM owner either which is the UAW who is greatly responsible for killing the company in the first place IMHO.

<broken link removed>

Great info. :s0155:

It bugs me to no end that the federal rules for labeling cars and parts "domestic" include those made in Canada. We have no way of knowing if a car that's "92&#37; domestic" was made in the US or Canada unless we dig deeply online.

That's how we got bit on our Impala. I have nothing against Canada, but dang it, when I bought the 2008 Impala from our local Chevy dealer and it was advertised as "made in the US" I was most unhappy to learn that it was made in Canada. 92% made in Canada.

If you look at your link, The only domestic car on that list that's actually mostly made in Canada is the Impala! Many other Big Three cars are assembled in Canada, but most of the parts are imported into there. They may be made in Brazil however...

GM has opened it largest, newest, and most automated engine and transmission manufacturing plant in Brazil. Ford makes engines in Brazil. GM makes engines in Mexico and has for a long time.

GM has auto manufacturing plants in 35 countries!

I would far rather buy a Toyota that's 85% made in the US so that a town in Kentucky has it's economy stimulated by all of the jobs there, than to buy a "US" car that provides all of it's jobs to Canada or any other country. Please don't tell me that the profits in Toyota all go to Japan. I own stock in Toyota and so can you, thank you very much. You may already in your 401k in a mutual fund. It's listed on the NYSE. :s0155:

Disclaimer. We bought the Impala before the bailouts. No more Chevys or Chryslers for us ever. We, our children, and our grandchildren are being taxed to pay for them already. After the bailouts, the bulk of GM was flat-out given to the unions, and Chrysler was given to a foreign company.

Since WE are paying for the bailouts into the future to keep them out of bankruptcy, why don't WE get to own them?

My girlfriend was selling cars at the Chevy dealer and went out and bought a '06 Colorado 4-door 4x4 with the 5 cylinder and honestly the only good thing i have to say about that truck is that it came with zero% finacing so she dosnt owe all that much on it. It gets bad MPG, has a ton of electrical problems, the drivers power window broke, and....IT HAS FIVE CYLINDERS!!!

I have had my 03 Z71 Silverado since new. It now has about 110k miles on it. I love it and it have been more trouble free than either of the Toyota trucks I have owned.
That being said. I would not buy another Chevy right now and if I was in the financial position, I would sell my chevy now. Government has enough of my money and I don't want to support the other GM owner either which is the UAW who is greatly responsible for killing the company in the first place IMHO.

+1

I have an '05 Yukon that is a great rig, but I would not buy another Government Motors product. Going back to Ford next time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top