JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to build a bullet trap for inside my shop. Mostly .22 and someday soon suppressed handgun. I just want a simple plining spot for now, kind of a learning curve as I hope to build a bigger shop with a dedicated shooting lane someday. Internet lawyers and global warming lead farmers please opt out. But does anybody have pics of there trap/backstop? I looked into ballestic blocks until I saw the price.
And yes I am in the county, so I can shoot but it is flat ground so outside is kaput...

Biggest caliber would "possibly" be subsonic .300blk or maybe .223 if it turns out nice... I have 40' so I figure 10 yard line and 7. Anything helpful would be appreciated, and I am on a budget.

No pictures, but the shooting tank that I know of in a back room at a builders friends place is basically a big box full of sand. Maybe 6 feet deep, 4 feet wide and high. You shoot down into it. Works great. He has shot all kinds of different type's of ammo, 5.56, .223, .45, .22 etc.. into it. Its a little room built off of the main room. Gets loud in there LOLz.

That rules. I'd love to set up a little .22 trap in my basement. In the 70s, there was a detective show called 'Cannon.' The heavy guy with the Lincoln and the mobile phone. Maybe some people remember it (old lol). Anyway, he would just casually wake up in his house roll out of bed and start showing at a target in his living room to practice. When I was a kid I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

I know it is illegal to shoot within city limits. I assume that is not the case in your own home/basement? Not that anyone would find out unless a richochet landed in my leg haha.

100 years ago when I was on a high school rifle team our "traps" were 3'x3'x3' Boxes made of welded 1/4" steel plate, with the back of the box angled forward @ 45°. The bottom was enclosed on the sides and held 4 - 6" of sand to absorb ricochets. More than adequate for .22LR.:s0155:

Jack...:cool:

In the country with flat land sounds like a dream come true. Build a berm. If that's a tall order for you, invite some forum members, ask to bring their shovels, and invite them over a couple times a year to enjoy! Man, I've always wanted to be able to plink a little in my garage or basement. Great ideas here. Ricochets and ventilation would be my primary concerns, both easy to overcome. I remeber Cannon, but just barely!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top