JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several dead air muzzle devices that work great with the da428 adapter but with the da115 micro flash hider the can doesn't rotate but another 1/8 turn or so after indexing and becoming tight . With all my other keymo muzzle devices, the can ratchets on 3/4 of a turn or better before becoming tight. I emailed dead air suggesting my da115 was out of spec and they said it was fine. I am a bit worrried about a baffle strike. It is a .460 bore can on a .223 bolt gun so maybe I am worrying about nothing but the lockup is so different on all my other keymo muzzle devices. I do believe the tapered shoulder is in a different position on the da115.

Last Edited:
That doesn't sound right to me... I use the keymo system exclusively and have DA, SOLGW and Jmac Customs, all of which work fine with my adapters and native sandman. I doubt recall any tightening after 1/8 turn but I'll double check later if you think it'd help? I have never used a key micro at all, just full sized keymo so maybe it's different

I only have one Keymo system left as everything else I have swapped over to plan B. From my recollection that sure doesn't sound right. Are the alignment tabs getting fully seated prior to ratcheting? I suppose you could also adjust the tension per the Dead Air instructions.

I looked closely at it last night and I do believe the tapered shoulder is further away from the indexing slot on this muzzle device. That being said, I also believe dead air is correct as it seems to engage the taper and tighten up properly, it just does it with way less rotation than my other muzzle devices. I will shoot it and see how it goes.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top