JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several dead air muzzle devices that work great with the da428 adapter but with the da115 micro flash hider the can doesn't rotate but another 1/8 turn or so after indexing and becoming tight . With all my other keymo muzzle devices, the can ratchets on 3/4 of a turn or better before becoming tight. I emailed dead air suggesting my da115 was out of spec and they said it was fine. I am a bit worrried about a baffle strike. It is a .460 bore can on a .223 bolt gun so maybe I am worrying about nothing but the lockup is so different on all my other keymo muzzle devices. I do believe the tapered shoulder is in a different position on the da115.

Last Edited:
That doesn't sound right to me... I use the keymo system exclusively and have DA, SOLGW and Jmac Customs, all of which work fine with my adapters and native sandman. I doubt recall any tightening after 1/8 turn but I'll double check later if you think it'd help? I have never used a key micro at all, just full sized keymo so maybe it's different

I only have one Keymo system left as everything else I have swapped over to plan B. From my recollection that sure doesn't sound right. Are the alignment tabs getting fully seated prior to ratcheting? I suppose you could also adjust the tension per the Dead Air instructions.

I looked closely at it last night and I do believe the tapered shoulder is further away from the indexing slot on this muzzle device. That being said, I also believe dead air is correct as it seems to engage the taper and tighten up properly, it just does it with way less rotation than my other muzzle devices. I will shoot it and see how it goes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top