JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It had a rubber handle and a leather sheath marked explorer. Blade was stamped 440 china. The bottom of the blade was concave and had a round indent near the hilt. It got confinscated on my way back from Iraq and I've been trying to find a replacement. Thanks. image.jpg

image.jpg

Close, but nope. Not unless its an old model. Iv handled a number of those thinking it would be close enough. They aren't. I wish I had a better picture of it.

I planned on checking around the knife forums. Just don't have an account yet.
My bad on the hilt writing btw. Iv been thinking and I think it said "440 stainless Japan" not china. I agree about the sheathe. I doubt it was original to the knife.

Close? Mtech makes some that are ohhhhhh sooo close. Good luck on your quest!

I have a few mtech knives. The difference being that the knife I had was a damn tank. I put it through a lot and it just kept going. There were more time than I could count that I was sure I just broke it.

Go down to the nearest liquor store, you know.. the one that sells cheap knives, and buy yourself a pint a Jack and then have yourself a good little cry.. of relief.
That blade looks to be about 7" and a knock-off of the Gerber Mark ll.. a fine design but made of high-speed tool steel that will shatter like glass.
They are selling good knock-offs (Smith & Wesson) of the 5" Gerber Mark l for $20 down at Sportsman's. You gotta get yer Jack down the corner though.

It had a rubber handle and a leather sheath marked explorer. Blade was stamped 440 china. The bottom of the blade was concave and had a round indent near the hilt. It got confinscated on my way back from Iraq and I've been trying to find a replacement. Thanks. View attachment 6287

View attachment 62872

View attachment 62872
It had a rubber handle and a leather sheath marked explorer. Blade was stamped 440 china. The bottom of the blade was concave and had a round indent near the hilt. It got confinscated on my way back from Iraq and I've been trying to find a replacement. Thanks. View attachment 62872

View attachment 62872
It had a rubber handle and a leather sheath marked explorer. Blade was stamped 440 china. The bottom of the blade was concave and had a round indent near the hilt. It got confinscated on my way back from Iraq and I've been trying to find a replacement. Thanks. View attachment 62872

View attachment 62872
I'm sorry to say, but you are all clueless. I recognized the knife the second I laid eyes on it, and it's definitely not a knock off. It's actually a high quality blade I don't think they make anymore. I'm sure you can find one if you look hard enough. They were originally produced in Japan. The only part that's made in china is the sheath. The model of the blade is similar to Double Edged "Navy Seal" Dagger Explorer 11-505. I forget which model that specific one you have was, but I remember seeing that exact one when I purchased mine. The one I have is made by the same maker. Those specific handles are very unique to their brand. They used to sell them in The Sportsman Guide about 18 years ago... The mans not lying, these things can take a beating. Mine still looks like the year I bought it. All I can recall is that specific one was the divers version. Wish I can tell you exactly which model but was so long ago. Sorry bout the quality of the pics, these are really old files I imported from my expired Sony Windows XP. Hope I was helpful. Cheers!

IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2679.JPG IMG_2680.JPG IMG_2682.JPG IMG_2677.JPG IMG_2678.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews