Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any thoughts on Leupold HAMR?

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by IronMonster, Feb 12, 2015.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I am considering dropping the coin on a Leupold HAMR W/delta point. It's a pretty penny but I am pretty sure it's what I want. Anyone played with one? Thoughts?

2. Beta1759

Beta1759 Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i had one. it's really rugged and a very clear optic. i thought the deltapoint sat a little high for transitioning from the HAMR to the deltapoint, so i sold it. however, i did find this video that shows a better way to transaction after the fact and now i wish i didnt sell it. I would recommend it for sure.

IronMonster likes this.
  3. IronMonster

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours and what did you get used when you sold it?

4. Beta1759

Beta1759 Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i don't recall unfortunately...but i know i paid retail

if money isn't an issue, you should take a look at the new d-evo from leupold! looks pretty sweet! they have a carbine red dot coming out as well called the lco. apparently the d-evo mounts behind any red dot (deltapoint, lco, eotech, aimpoint, etc).

5. IronMonster

Well , the $1500 bucks or so for the HAMR combo is about triple what I want to spend already. I did look at the D-evo, cool idea