Any thoughts on Leupold HAMR?

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by IronMonster, Feb 12, 2015.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!
    Opinionated Member Lifetime Supporter

I am considering dropping the coin on a Leupold HAMR W/delta point. It's a pretty penny but I am pretty sure it's what I want. Anyone played with one? Thoughts?

Oathkeeper1775 likes this.
  2. Beta1759

Beta1759
    Beaverton

i had one. it's really rugged and a very clear optic. i thought the deltapoint sat a little high for transitioning from the HAMR to the deltapoint, so i sold it. however, i did find this video that shows a better way to transaction after the fact and now i wish i didnt sell it. I would recommend it for sure.

Oathkeeper1775 and IronMonster like this.
  3. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours and what did you get used when you sold it?

4. Beta1759

Beta1759
    Beaverton

i don't recall unfortunately...but i know i paid retail

if money isn't an issue, you should take a look at the new d-evo from leupold! looks pretty sweet! they have a carbine red dot coming out as well called the lco. apparently the d-evo mounts behind any red dot (deltapoint, lco, eotech, aimpoint, etc).

5. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!

Well , the $1500 bucks or so for the HAMR combo is about triple what I want to spend already. I did look at the D-evo, cool idea

6. rcnpthfndr

rcnpthfndr
    E. Washington

I have the HAMR optic. it moved around a couple rigs over the initial years. then as my SCAR 17 started eating optics like a person at a free buffet. I put the HAMR on it and to this date it still rides the SCAR. Its rugged, holds zero and once you get the system down easy to use. it is expensive but the glass is fantastic.

7. coyote223

coyote223
    NW Oregon
    Stamp Collector,,,

You can find them used for decent prices, I still want one. Just haven't saved the coin yet,,,

8. IronMonster

IronMonster
    Free Idaho!

I've had one for a couple years now, Its a little weird to get used to but once you do I find it useful.

v0lcom13sn0w likes this.