JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to PDX and this is the closest club to me, but nobody returns my messages when I call.....are they still alive?

If so, anybody have another contact number for them other than the general number?

I'll probably sign up at Johnson Creek if they are dead, but I'd like to know for sure before I do that....

Thanks!

The Portland Rifle and Pistol Club is at 6130 N Hassalo, just above Rt 84....I went over there and there is a big building with a sign on it, but it was all dark inside....

Those other clubs sound interesting but are much further away....if there is one in my backyard I want to know about it! Might end up doing more than one, or maybe just meeting folks who are members of others and shooting together at all of the clubs!

I am not new to Portland, and I'm not new to shooting, but I am new to shooting in Portland and after much nosing around the web I've just tonight come across this club and frankly, this forum! I too am going to investigate this club further. I also saw the website for Tri-County. Looks like an awesome place, however the PRPC is MUCH closer to where I live. Perhaps they just need some fresh blood? A new member building campaign. I'm calling them tomorrow with hopefully better success. Hope to see you there Stevie and at an event NoAim!

I am a member, but it took me a long time to get through after leaving multiple messages. Months and months and months.

There are usually club meetings the first Wednesday evening of each month. Stop in, get an application, and get the membership process started. Unfortunately there won't be any meetings during the summer, and evening of 9/2 will probably be your next chance. Hope someone contacts you before then.

A very low-frills club. Manual target pullys. Cold in winter (but the heaters just above the shooting line work well). A hot box in the summer. Photos from the 50's on the walls, which I think was the last time this place was decorated or re-modeled. Rimfire only, with exception of leaded-round-nose pistol bullets on 4 lanes and jacketed bullets on 2 lanes.

But one of the most affordable places to shoot (if not the most affordable) in the area. Also very convenient if like me your children's naps limit you to short outings for weekend-afternoon-only shooting, so no trips to Tri-County for me.

Now if only they could buy The Place to Shoot or re-model somehow to allow jacketed ammo on more than 2 lanes . . .

Good luck.

OK, I got a callback, went to a meeting, signed up and just came back from my first time shooting there.

This place is a gem!!! 24-hr key card access, lots of lanes, easy to get to, relatively cheap, and friendly folks! Bare bones amenities, but my gun doesn't care.....

Call and leave a message, you will eventually get a call back. 503-284-5697

I too got a call back but was unable to make the meeting last week and now am concerned I have to wait through the summer. I will try to make contact again with them and who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for the info Son of a Gunder. Sounds like you have a nice club there!

There are folks there every Monday from 7 to 9 doing a practice NRA shooting match (slow, timed and rapid fire) so you could probably find someone then - but I'd say to get in touch by phone to let them know, I don't know if the Monday folks have anything to do with membership.

I'm looking at them also. Just went over there today but they were closed with no lights on. Called them and no answer or returned phone call.
But I want a place to shoot NOW. Not this winter. I was going to check out Tri-county, but heard they won't even let you practice double tap or rapid fire drills. Blah!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top