JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just recently finally decided it was time to load some now that I have all of the components... Made 15 testers 40 gr. Vmax under 6.7 grs of accurate #7, small rifle primers,and trimmed once fired brass 1.130 after resize and simple green clean....as to try 2 not knock off the lacquer coating... C.o.l 1.580 and crimped... well after I just went and shot them out of p50 they had allmost no shoulder at all left....is this just over pressure or is
it because of the p50 longer barrel???any insight would be great before I blow something up and btw load data I'm going off of is layman's says 6.5min 7.0 grs max of accurate #7 thanks for your time stay safe all

16762398155741131253181.jpg

Is the only 5.7 you have that P50? And did you load those cases from factory brass that was originally fired in the same? Did you take factory 5.7 along with you for feel/sound comparison? How about a chronograph? A lot of unknowns here...

So yes the brass was from the same firearm.. I do own another 57 the ruger57...I did not bring factory rounds for comparison but I think I might have figured out what it was...so Lyman says small rifle primers 6.5grs acc.#7 around 1550fps min and 7.0grs acc.#7 for low end 1800fps max...but I was curious what hodgdons site says it said small pistol primers...6.1grs acc#7 for 1669 fps min and 6.8grs acc.#7 for 1889 fps max so looks like Lyman's is wrong I'm glad I didn't load to max this is why I never load near it lol I should of checked other manuals now I need to make a new testing set and see what happens....

At first I thought I was going to fast with the longer barrel in the p50 cause I know with my 1911 if I put my 16" barrel on I gain just over 300fps but now I think Lyman is wrong I'm going to have to figure it out with new load set

Don't know if I missed it but did the once fired factory loads look normal?
Maybe try a slower powder for a gentler push? Don't know.
Oh, and I've only ever had a hate relationship with Simple Green.
It can easily destroy things.
Ida probably just jostled them around in some warm water with a little car wash/wax solution followed by a gentle rinse in warm water.

Ok update I loaded testers starting from 6.1 grs all the way to 6.7 with small pistol primers and no issues I'm certain now that Lyman's data is wrong thank you for all the help off to go load some more have a great day all

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top