JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gotta love hypocrisy, it's the staple food of these slimeballs . . .

Before It's News
Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

By BARRACUDA (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:05

(VIA)tpo.net/anti_gun_senator
I would like to see what this old geezer would of done without his gun.
What a hypocrite! All the while he is packing heat.The dirty S.O.B.
Perfect example of the need for our 2nd amendment rights!

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC)
Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.
The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..
The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.
"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.
In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.
It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
State Sen. R.C. Soles indicted on assault charge | StarNewsOnline.com

State Sen. R.C. Soles indicted on assault charge

Case saddens supporters in senator's hometown

StarNews file photo
Buy photo
Police say Soles, D-Columbus, shot Kyle Blackburn, 22, in the leg Aug. 23 at the senator's Tabor City home. Soles has said he was acting in self-defense after Blackburn and another man tried to kick in the door of his home.

By Shelby Sebens
[email protected]

Published: Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 3:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 6:28 p.m.
( page of 3 )
State Sen. R.C. Soles, the state's longest-serving legislator, was indicted Thursday on a felony charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury.

The Attorney General's Office presented a bill of indictment to a Columbus County grand jury. The charge carries a possible sentence of 15 to 31 months in prison.
Police say Soles, D-Columbus, shot Kyle Blackburn, 22, in the leg Aug. 23 at the senator's Tabor City home. Soles has said he was acting in self-defense after Blackburn and another man tried to kick in the door of his home.
“We are certainly disappointed,” Soles' attorney Joe Cheshire said Thursday. “We believe what happened at his house that evening was the result of an attack on his home and that he was defending himself.”
Cheshire said when Soles will booked and processed through the system has not yet been decided.
“I'm saddened for him. I'm saddened for the county, and I'm saddened for the state of North Carolina,” Tabor City Police Chief Donald Dowless said. “It's just a bad day for him and the county and the state of North Carolina.”
Columbus County residents and officials were curious about the grand jury's decision.
Outside the Columbus County Courthouse in Whiteville, one man shouted from his car at reporters, “Was he indicted?”

More here: State Sen. R.C. Soles indicted on assault charge | StarNewsOnline.com

Good read, but the dates don't seem to match up.

By BARRACUDA (Reporter)
Contributor profile | More stories
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:05

and

By Shelby Sebens
[email protected]
Published: Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 3:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 6:28 p.m.

Apparently the shooting took place in Jan.

Not sure why it suddenly became news again. Perhaps due to the conviction?

Also, why is it that whenever things like this happen, you NEVER see even a peep about it in the MSM?

The shooting incident happened in August of 2009. Soles was indicted in January of 2010, then he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and paid a $1000 fine in February 2010. He did not run for re-election in November 2010.

This guy has been in hot water several times before and is no paragon of virtue: Timeline of R.C. Soles' career. Seems like a typical politician to me...keeps getting elected no matter what he does because most people aren't paying attention or don't really care.

Police investigate break-in, vandalism at Soles's home | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

Crash reunites Soles, Strickland | WWAY NewsChannel 3 | Wilmington NC News

<broken link removed> .

<broken link removed>
If Senator R.C. Soles, Jr. (D) N.C. was a Republican would this have called for and entire news segment on CNN, ABC, NBC, Etc.? He is a Democrat; do you think there is a double standard?

N. C. State Senator R.C. Soles Indicted On Felony Firearms Assault Charge
N. C. State Senator R.C. Soles Indicted On Felony Firearms Assault Charge

Nothing ticks me off like a story like this. He fights against gun ownership for us but has his own. There can be no better illustration of how the politicians view "the masses". what a tool

Story is from Aug 24, 2009

Senator Stoles mentors young boys and is known for buying expensive gifts like homes and cars for young wayward boys.

"B.J. came over and asked me to go to Mr. Soles's house with him," Blackburn said. "But he kept on insisting that I drive him down there because he didn't have a driver license."

Blackburn and Wright were both legal clients of Soles, and Blackburn said they've been to his house hundreds of times over the years.

"They go down there, and he gives them money," Blackburn said when asked why he and others often go to the senator's home. "And he does things with certain people and gives them money."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2417951/posts

I think when something like this happens and shows their hypocrisy 100&#37; it should automatically repeal everything they have done prior that doesn't reflect their actions.
Either that, or they should be stripped of office immediately as they obviously aren't the kind of people we want to lead us.

spotlight-looney.jpg

Nothing ticks me off like a story like this. He fights against gun ownership for us but has his own. There can be no better illustration of how the politicians view "the masses". what a tool

a drop in the bucket - I may have posted this before - Dianne Feinstein is another anti gun lefty but has one of 4 concealed carry permits issued in San Francisco - it was one of 7 but in the last few years SF eliminated 3 of the permits. I have heard that her husband has one of the largest private gun collections in CA also but haven't seen any photos of the collection to confirm. The elitist lefties that think they can spend our money better supporting illegals and trying to stomp the legal citizen's rights into the ground in the name of "progressive" agendas.
I recall a radio interview back when the Fed "assault weapon" ban went into effect where a congressman from one of the southern states was being interviewed as to why he voted in favor of the ban he said some mumbo jumbo about making America a safer place, etc... When they started taking questions from callers his gunsmith called in to say his AR15 was ready to be picked up from the shop and wanted to know why he would vote to ban a gun he already owned - his response was "No - that is a sporting arm - it isnt part of the ban" after it was explained to him that the law did indeed apply he said if he had known that he wouldn't have supported it. Proof that politicians often don't bother to read or completely understand the things that they vote on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top