JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Before anyone strikes this thread as not firearm related, I would point out that we in Oregon are in a constant battle with the Democratically controlled house, senate and the Governor herself. Noting any hint of corruption among them should be worth mentioning here as that corruption is feeding the machine that is constantly undermining our 2nd amendment rights.

With that in mind, I would ask that you all carefully read the linked Forbes article regarding donations to the Governor's and AG's races dating back to 2012. That means this includes both Kitzhaber and Brown at the Governor level - and Brown promised to be free of this crap - she is not.

An excerpt:

In 2016, as politicians across America were fleeing voter wrath, Oregon's governor and attorney general were blazing an unlikely trail – accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign donations from businesses with state contracts.

Since 1940, at the federal level, individuals and entities negotiating or working under federal contracts are prohibited from giving political cash to candidates, parties or committees. In Oregon, however, this political patronage is perfectly legal, at least for now.

Our analysis at American Transparency (OpenTheBooks.com)
found 207 state contractors gave $805,876 in campaign cash to Governor Kate Brown ($518,203) and Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum ($287,673) since 2012. These businesses hold lifetime state contracts worth at least $2.6 billion. State contractor donations to the governor and attorney general represent 57 percent of current cash on hand in their campaign committees.

Also:

Even in Illinois, where the number one manufactured product is corruption, it is illegal for state vendors with contracts over $50,000 to give campaign donations to statewide office holders. The 2011 Illinois law barred this "pay to play" practice in which contractors give campaign donations to powerful statewide office holders.

At a time when Oregon is considering an income tax hike, elected officials should consider revamping public integrity laws to match the federal statute – or at least Illinois ethics. Voters might appreciate an effort to pioneer reform rather than blazing a trail of political patronage costing taxpayers millions.

Illinois has stronger anti-corruption laws than Oregon??! WTF?!

I know many of you are just as sick of constantly battling the anti-gun machine here in Oregon. If they are going to constantly attack us, then we need to give them the same in return. Brown promised to be the most transparent Governor in Oregon history - yet when approached by Forbes about this article, her office did not respond. Transparency? Definitely not.

Please share this with everyone you can think of - Oregon politicians, newspapers, news sites, friends, relatives. Insist this story get more coverage. Let's get this crap out of Oregon once and for all!! And, in doing so, lessening the ongoing attack on our gun rights!!

Link to the article: Oregon Gov. Kate Brown And AG Ellen Rosenblum Blaze The Oregon Trail Of Political Patronage

Last Edited:
I'm trying to dig up Oregon Guv'ness Kates campaign donations record from this last election cycle. Pretty telling who the special donators are and it's plain to see exactly who kate is beholden to!

I'm trying to dig up Oregon Guv'ness Kates campaign donations record from this last election cycle. Pretty telling who the special donators are and it's plain to see exactly who kate is beholden to!

I was shocked to see noted in the article that 57% of their current cash on hand in their campaign committees is from these sources. That needs to come to an end ASAP! :mad:

Last Edited:
Do you guys down there have an Initiative process? Sounds like the kind of thing it was made for...

We do, and for the first time in a long time, we have a Secretary of State that might actually give fair treatment to such a proposition, should it be brought forward.

Sounds like the new SoS needs to be tested, this is most worthy of a ballot initiative let alone a recall of Kate Brown as well as the Attorney General...

Said it before, I'll say it again, Oregon State Government is ripe for FBI investigation for RICO violations...

Nothing would make me happier than see Kate and Floyd behind bars....

Our analysis at American Transparency (OpenTheBooks.com) found 207 state contractors gave $805,876 in campaign cash to Governor Kate Brown ($518,203) and Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum ($287,673) since 2012. These businesses hold lifetime state contracts worth at least $2.6 billion. State contractor donations to the governor and attorney general represent 57 percent of current cash on hand in their campaign committees

The only thing more disturbing than hearing what comes out of the mouths these two 'babes' is seeing them in person..... :s0170:

Sounds like the new SoS needs to be tested, this is most worthy of a ballot initiative let alone a recall of Kate Brown as well as the Attorney General...

Said it before, I'll say it again, Oregon State Government is ripe for FBI investigation for RICO violations...

Nothing would make me happier than see Kate and Floyd behind bars....
Anybody have any Fed friends they could suggest this to? Sadly, all of mine are retired...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews