JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard this tragic story on the way to class this morning. Broke my heart as well. There is nothing I could say to the parents other than to offer my most sincere condolences, and that I am sending good vibes to you.

Also, please be careful what you write on this subject. It is very possible this person is a member of this site, and there is nothing that can be said that he doesn't already know.

really posting the story then this block against comment kind of makes it impossible to counter the anti-gun crowd. Wouldn't want to come across cold, trying to push our agenda off a tragedy or anything.

Condolences to the family. My kid was already being familiarized with guns by that age, and was never left in the car alone either (I still don't leave her in the car alone lol) - but not everyone thinks the same way as I do.

I don't think we should let it go if it saves one child's life by a good cold slap in all the faces of those who are careless about gun safety

I've seen some real lu lus in this regard and they quickly became former associates

I posted this for two reasons.

1. To serve as a reminder to not get complacent about gun safety
2. Some of the folks on here can be pretty brutal with their comments when it comes to someone making a mistake involving a firearm. Last thing this guy needs right now is being called all kinds of names, and people going down the list of mistakes that he made, etc.

Can't imagine what he is going through right now, and the guilt that he already feels. Just didn't want anyone here to make it worse.

When tragedy strikes is when people are most open to behavior modification.
We all need to constantly be reminded and aware of how little it takes to have a horrible event occur. I use every event to further reinforce my determination and safe practices to not allow such things to happen in my life.
i feel for the family as I know first hand what the outcome can be for the people involved in a preventable incident like this.

Sorry for the incident
I appreciate the reminder.
Have grandkids coming in two weeks. And while we are cautous with guns we have no kids to get into them.
While the guns and ammo are seperate and firearms are locked up - we do have carry guns.
While we are cautious with the guns - So we are thinking of things we need to change for the short term while they are here - MAybe Just locking them up and not take any risk for a week.

Our grandkids are coming for a visit over spring break for them...and yes, at that time, the appropriate locks and other precautions will be taken...all it takes (as we all know) is just one moment....

I remember seeing a video (investigative news story i think?) years ago that showed children, mainly boys walking into a room with a handgun on a table. All of the kids would look around to see if they were alone once they noticed the gun. The chilling part was, most of the boys would pick up the gun, finger on the trigger and than point it at their face to look at the front. I would cringe every time even though i knew it was unloaded. The girls, for the most part would just look at it.

As said above, there is nothing we can say now and nothing they can do to reverse this tragedy. I feel for the family and will add them to my prayers!

Lefty.

My brothers and I would get out my dad's handgun and play with it when he was not home. Yes it was loaded. Boys are like that.

That said, no one is perfect and we have all made mistakes. This poor man is paying dearly for his. I can not imagine the grief and guilt he is feeling right now. My heart goes out to him and his family.

I feel sorry for the accident. But one.you aren't suppose to leave your child unattended in Wa in the first place. Two he was a CCW holder I would keep the gun on me. But like the news story's says maybe they need to require more eduction before buying a gun. But still some ppl object to that. That being said I played with gun when i was young and not suppose to. Accidents happen just 3 this month in Wa

as Phillyfan said....

The best thing is to provide comfort and love, and make sure it doesn't happen in our own house.

Yes...lets be careful on this...cause he has already shown what an idiot he was and doesn't need us to say he should definitely be held accountable for this.

Yes always best to coddle people that do these things,instead of tell how we really feel.
Like I very much dislike it when people are just bubbleguming stupid and some innocent child gets killed.I could care less about the dumbass who left the gun under the seat or the stupid woman that let him.

Flame me all you want.

Wonderful, why don't you guys go call the grandparents, uncles, and aunts, hell call the guy himself and tell him he did something dumb that resulted in the death of his son! You think he doesn't know that? Point is that it didn't need to be said.

I once accidentally shot my matress. That could easily have been my kid. You think I needed a bunch of self-righteous folks telling me it was a stupid mistake? Luckily for me my lesson cost me some pride and a hole in an expensive new matress. The guy screwed up and paid the ultimate price. Let it be.

I feel terrible about the child, but I cut the adults no slack.

It is not an accident to leave a 3 year old and his sister alone in a car with a loaded gun.

Airplane crash investigators find that crashes are usually what they call pilot error. What it actually is, is a series of acts of bad judgment. Not just a single act, but a series.

Go back over this story. It's a series of acts of bad judgment, any one of which would have prevented the event. An adult leaves the car. Another adult leaves the car. A loaded gun is left in the car. Two children are left in the car.

Remove any one of those and you don't have the "accident." No amount of training can fix bad judgment. I suspect the adults already knew better. What they have to live with now is their fault.

Sorry to the bleeding hearts, but this was all bad judgment - what I call negligence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top