JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anti-gunners’ target du jour: Stand Your Ground

Today’s Chicago Sun-Times editorial page takes a shot at “Stand Your Ground” laws in the wake of Tuesday’s Senate hearing on this much-debated self-defense doctrine, using a term, and perhaps even a tactic, straight out of the gun control playbook exposed by this column almost three months ago.

<broken link removed>

Senator Cruz had some very good, compasionate, and accurate words for Trayvon Martin's mother and those trying to use that story to push to get SYG laws repealed. The TM-GZ case had nothing to do with SYG, so it should not even be discussed. He also blasted away the notion that SYG only hurts black people. I am glad we have him on our side.

TM's mother wants her son to be remembered as some kind of innocent martyr. What most of America, including the jury that found Zimmerman innocent, believe is that a person should be able to protect their life from criminals. End of story. Now, if Bloomberg and his cronies would only get this woman off their talking heads media tour we could get on with our lives and back to work to pay for her EBT card.

Now, if Bloomberg and his cronies would only get this woman off their talking heads media tour we could get on with our lives and back to work to pay for her EBT card.

Since they got a 1+ million $$ settlement from the homeowners associations insurance co. do they still qualify for EBT cards?

Since she got a 1+ million $$ settlement from the homeowners associations insurance co. do they still qualify for an EBT card?

I'm sure if she moved to Portland or Seattle she could.....I see people all the time at the grocery store paying with EBT only to drive away in their new Audis with the "Si Se Puede!" Obama stickers.....

I'm sure if she moved to Portland or Seattle she could.....I see people all the time at the grocery store paying with EBT only to drive away in their new Audis with the "Si Se Puede!" Obama stickers.....

probably using credit cards to pay off for the Audis/BMWs/SUVs and declaring bankruptcy and closing old accounts and opening new credit accounts..... I see it all the time too

I just read that they had raised some $5 million in their "charitable trust" also. Best thing that ever happened to them was having their son killed by a white man defending his life from a criminal. Trayvon wasn't even living with either his mother or father either.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top