JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Guys,
I picked this ugly duckling up out of White City, Oregon for $250 a few years ago.
It came from Pacific Tool & Gauge, an FFL that knows how to do business in Kali.
This is the mongrel dog as received. After giving it a close look over I found some features I've not seen before. First was the sling. I haven't encountered spring retainers with that type of adjustment hasp, usually those have a keeper with a slide. Pinned barrel, milled TG, grey bolt carrier.
camo_3.jpg
I was mistaken on the arsenal. It's /416\ # 21006149. All matching, bolt too, but the stock couldn't be easily salvaged, so I turned the Khyber Pass Fab Team loose on it. Looks like someone tried to "battle" age it, with kill hash marks and scratches, couple drill holes. Does not reek of "been there done that" NOT. Bubba screwed up a good piece of wood, but it's only a Chinese...right.
camo_2.jpg
After the moral equivalent of decosmolizing (paint stripping), the metal bits revealed quite a surprise.
camo_1.jpg
Half a day of elbow grease between chores, and look what was under it all. Doesn't look to have been fired much, at all.
camo_4.jpg
I had a nice pinned barrel side sling mount stock on it at first, but it was numbered.
camo_5.jpg
Replaced with a blank pinned stock instead.
camo_6.jpg
Didn't strip the bayo handle or cleaning rod yet, but it's an operationally functioning battle rifle. For now I'm done. Khyber Pass Fabrication Shop saves another. Thanks for looking, PAX

Last Edited:
Ive always had a soft spot for SKS's. Good job getting it cleaned up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top