JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the Sergeant should be fired for allowing an officer to bring a gun into a bar. PERIOD. You don't hang-up the badge or the stripes at EOW. Idiots are not limited to non-law enforcement careers unfortunately.
Alcohol & pistols do not mix.:mad:

WTF???
More on it here:
This is another one of those stories that had me shaking my head in disbelief. That two Cops could be this damn stupid.

WTF???
More on it here:
This is another one of those stories that had me shaking my head in disbelief. That two Cops could be this damn stupid.
It's NYC, right? And what party control NYC?
:s0092:
Go figure....

He should have politely said, "No, I'm not a gang member." and left it at that.

The story doesn't say whether or not he was drinking and/or drunk. I also have some doubts as to whether or not he actually pointed at the waitress... that's only her account of the situation.

Now... taking it out of the holster at all was a colossally dumb and irresponsible move and deserves some sanction. The magazine fell out? Bullets on the floor? WTF is that?

There are people, egged on by MDA and Everytown, who advocate SWAT-ing of legal CC-ers... they are triggered by the mere presence of a legal firearm and recommend a panicked 911 call to report the "threatening" behavior and even lying to make the police response more extreme. Even if they aren't triggered, making the lives of legal carriers (CC and especially OC) difficult is a worthy goal in their minds. A bloody finish with the gun owner dead is the most satisfying result, but the legal carrier's detention, arrest, and subsequent Facebook likes from the henhouse when the tale is told are acceptable outcomes too.

Was the waitress one of these loonies? Or was she actually at the business end of Supercop's pistol? Did he even pull it out? Or did he just leave when asked and the whole thing was made-up?

ETA: The NYPost article was posted while I was writing the above diatribe. There's more info in it but still leaves some questions unanswered for the time being. I'll leave what I wrote alone vs going through the whole thing and attempting to edit it.
$118k/yr for a Sergeant? Yowza.
:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
How about we start a thread about all the stupid schit military people, teachers, firefighters, etc do? That's a rhetorical question. Don't get me started on how many mechanics, construction workers, loggers, etc. that do illegal stuff.

We can get into the fun stories of service members in bars that get things swept under the rug because they are blowing off steam. At least they have the benefit of fighting people they are allowed to compartmentalize into the box of "enemy".

We'd have a thousand threads by the end of the week!

ETA: The NYPost article was posted while I was writing the above diatribe. There's more info in it but still leaves some questions unanswered for the time being. I'll leave what I wrote alone vs going through the whole thing and attempting to edit it.
$118k/yr for a Sergeant? Yowza.
:rolleyes:
Sad, I only started looking for the same story from other sources hoping this was just some basic fake news. The NY Post one had more info making it "look" like maybe the guy was just hammered. Still amazing that even if hammered and LEO would act like this. The Sgt. salary caught my eye too but then it's NYC. I guess with the cost of living there that would be hard to live on there.

How about we start a thread about all the stupid schit military people, teachers, firefighters, etc do? That's a rhetorical question. Don't get me started on how many mechanics, construction workers, loggers, etc. that do illegal stuff.

We can get into the fun stories of service members in bars that get things swept under the rug because they are blowing off steam. At least they have the benefit of fighting people they are allowed to compartmentalize into the box of "enemy".

We'd have a thousand threads by the end of the week!

Yes you are of course right. Problem with stories like this one, again assuming this happened, is that it was a Cop. They are so maligned now days that many just love to find any excuse to feed the narrative. Sadly when one of them does do something "dumb" its of course blown all over all of them. Does not make it right but it is what it is. If this really did happen as written I hope they get rid of the guy before he does something else to feed the anti Cop crowd. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top