JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess one should be careful where they steal scrap from.

OMG. What an imbecile. Reading something like this makes me angry, and a bit sick.

I certainly don't condone thievery, but the young man did not deserve to die because of it.

The theif didn't deserve to die. He did deserve to have his hand chopped off.

The witness should be charged with manslaughter. Sounds like he was taking pot shots at a moving vehicle, to stop a theft.

This got me wondering... what if.

this wasn't the first time these guys were seen in the area stealing?
the shooter had had stuff stolen from his place and was trying to confront the thieves?

Just very little info for crucifixion or justification.

Thieves actively prowling are contrary to good order and discipline. Something we sorely lack today and it's some of you that are guilty of perpetuating this problem.

The only problem here is that one of them is still alive. If this guy was going to do it he should have done it right.

if it went down like they said theres no way they would have let him go

He's 69 years old and probably thinks he didn't do anything wrong. If they need to get him back, he won't be hard to find.

Also,

Releasing Morgan gives prosecutors 30 days to complete their investigation. Had he remained in jail, they would have had 72 hours. Morgan is to appear in court again July 9.

All I can add is that you can use any force necessary to protect your life and property in Oklahoma and Texas .... maybe other states as well?

Not condoning the shooting but in our state, and Texas, it would be almost a non issue.

JMO

Sounds like whether he was correct or not, he felt his life was in danger. And if that is the case, then a vehicle is a lethal weapon and he may have been justified. I hate to see anyone shot over a length of pipe, but as people have turned to theft of scrap to survive, they had to know that eventually, someone would have to confront them...

Sounds like some facts need to be developed yet on the defense-of-self claim. The fact that some of the shots seem to have gone through the front windshield of the car helps; the fact that some seem to have gone through the back window hurts. We'll see, I guess.

The decision whether to prosecute will be made by the local DA, who is an elected official. I'd guess he or she won't be eager to throw the book at a 69 year old trying to keep thieves from stealing. If I were betting, I would bet they'll just bargain it down to a much lesser charge and give him probation.

Another "gunowner" doing something stupid doesn't make us look bad anymore than another driver doing something stupid does. People should learn to get away from carrying some sort of guilt stigma when you have nothing to do with the problem.

:D:D Now repeat after me

I have never owned any black slaves so I am not responsible for slavery or how they were treated.

I had nothing to do with killing Indians and stealing their land so I am not responsible.

Sooner or later you guys might figure out that guilt is for the guilty and you do not have to share in it just because you are alive. What you should pay attention too is the fools who try to hold you in the same catagory as the stupid criminals. Yep give them alot of attention so they will stop doing it:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

I have never owned any black slaves so I am not responsible for slavery or how they were treated.

I had nothing to do with killing Indians and stealing their land so I am not responsible.

Comment with held as it would not be P C.

The thief absolutely deserved to die. If he didn't want to risk death, he should not have set foot on another man's property and taken something that did not belong to him.

No loss here, unless the state railroads an old man just protecting what was his.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top