JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont trust myself taking them off with a hammer and punch. Any tips?

Front sight is easy. There are tools you can buy but I just ground the outside of a nutdriver so it would fit in the little hole.

The rear sight can be taken out with a sight pusher. I do use a padded vise for the slide, a wood block to lay the receiver on for the rear, a light hammer, and a brass punch. The only time I've had a problem was when somebody had already replaced the factory sight and used some really tough thread lock on the screw and around the sight dovetail. It had to be taken out with heat. If you have that kind of situation, yeah a pro shop is best.

My camera sucks (cracked lens) but heres one of my 19s. Love it. BTW, any of you Glock people in Portland able to recommend a place to have new sights put on? The cheaper the better :cool:.View attachment 464697

Cheapest place for Glock sight install, your own kitchen table. You need a hammer, delrin or brass punch, and a thin walled hex wrench of the correct size, but some sights include these. Only other tools you need is a flat file for fitting the rear sight, and some thread locker. You do not need a sight pusher for installing Glock sights.

If you're not down for DIY, give one of our board member gunsmiths like @Velzey a call :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top