JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some of the 3rd world airlines look pretty dicey. Both pilot and copilot fell asleep in this Indonesian airplane and didn't answer calls from the tower. The pilot woke up though and landed safely. I think this was today.

Release of report today on a 2020 flight that killed all but 2 poeple and 1 one on the ground in Pakistan. A320 killing 97. The "below average intelligence" pilot who was domineering, combative, poor at dealing with stress, lack of special awareness, poor general awareness, little mechanical aptitude, landed too fast and too steep and forgot to put the wheels down, scraping the engines on the ground. Went around to land again and both engines failed. 2 were spared as it crashed.

View: https://youtu.be/haBxjK70yt0?si=FNXtJBpno-RoiXdZ

Last Edited:
I'm reminded of a truism... "there are more aircraft in the seas than there are submarines in the skies" :rolleyes:
Interesting that it's just now coming out that this plane was likely intentionally crashed in the deepest part of the ocean. Crash was a decade ago. Pilot put down landing gear before crashing. Crazy and shocking if it's true.

Dang this is getting nuts. Today Boeing 787 gauges and controls go out in flight and plane takes a random nosedive sending some passengers to the ceiling.

Keep your seat belt fastened unless you need to move around the cabin. Turbulence can cause unsecured passengers to be thrown around the cabin, sometimes quite forcefully. This incident may have started with turbulence, but only after the flight recorders are examined will we know more.

5dd630083c8b82ed7b93dc8a34d1b319.jpg

Keep your seat belt fastened unless you need to move around the cabin. Turbulence can cause unsecured passengers to be thrown around the cabin, sometimes quite forcefully. This incident may have started with turbulence, but only after the flight recorders are examined will we know more.

View attachment 1841536
I doubt it was turbulence. Pilot said all the gauges turned off and he had no control of the airplane. Maybe he rebooted the software or something to get it to turn back on?

View attachment 1841536
I was taught as a child to keep my seatbelt on any time I was in my seat. I thought this was a general, common sense rule of flying?

Need more info but seems like this is a different computer issue than the 737 crashes. This one screens went out and pilot had no control of the airplane at the time.

Aren't there more Boeing whistleblowers? Doesn't seem like Boeing woudl be able to suicide them all (if that's what happened). He was scheduled to meet with Brian Knowles his attorney on Saturday morning but never answered his calls. He had just given his deposition to the Boeing lawyers Thursday and was not finished with his cross-examination from his attorney Friday. Seems odd the timing to say the least.

"Barnett's death came during a break in depositions in a whistleblower retaliation suit, where he alleged under-pressure workers were deliberately fitting sub-standard parts to aircraft on the assembly line.

He said that in some cases, second-rate parts were literally removed from scrap bins, before being fitted to planes that were being built to prevent delays. A 2017 review by the FAA upheld some of his concerns, requiring Boeing to take action.

He had just given a deposition to Boeing's lawyers for the case this past week, his attorney Brian Knowles said."

Last Edited:
Apparently nobody reported turbulence of any kind. The sudden fall had nothing to do with turbulence. The gauges went out and he lost control of the airplane. Had this happened during landing they woudl all be dead. These airplanes are glitchy.

"I immediately engaged with him and said, 'What was that?' And he openly admitted, he said, 'I lost control of the plane. My gauges just kind of went blank on me,'" Jokat said.

"He said for that brief moment he couldn't control anything and that's when the plane did what it did. Then he said the gauges came back and it reengaged, the plane just reengaged to its normal flight pattern. And we had no issues before, no issues after. But just that moment."

Article on the whistleblower who apparently killed himself. He worked at the South Carolina 787 plant.

2014 article about South Carolina 787 plant worker who said many of the workers were high on all kinds of drugs while assembling the plane.

I wonder if the glitch airplane that fell was made in this plant or Everett?

Kinda seems like this may be just the start of Boeings troubles. I know they are under criminal investigation now for the door that fell off, but what about all these planes still flying around where bolts were left out etc.

Last Edited:
Everybody says the Boeing engineer who died was not depressed when he died.

So he gave all his evidence to Boeing in his deposition just 2 days before. But died before he could give that testimony and evidence in the courtroom.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top