JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
200.gif

🤭

Ever just kick a hornets nest just so you can get the bug spray out and knock em out of the air?
Sometimes people don't have anger problems, they just like to see chaos and watch it swirl around. Even in chaos there is order.

Sometimes you just have to watch something burn so you have a reason to roast marshmallows and hot dogs.
Careful…. you may just wind up becoming the sticks they get roasted on……

IMG_2285.jpeg

Can't just block IRL d-bags unfortunately :(
Easy to block them by changing one's perception of their action, and then to alter one's reaction.

Bury their constant anger with joy.
Bury their incessant whining with silence.
Bury their excessive pride with pity.

...and If it continues, at least you will have three freshly dug holes to bury the source of the problem.
😜
Just kidding... Most of the time, there is no reason bury a person who is digging their own grave.
It will just exhaust you and dirty your hands.

Ever just kick a hornets nest just so you can get the bug spray out and knock em out of the air?
Sometimes people don't have anger problems, they just like to see chaos and watch it swirl around. Even in chaos there is order.

Sometimes you just have to watch something burn so you have a reason to roast marshmallows and hot dogs.
It's like schadenfook but different.

FYI- I hate everyone EQUALLY! :s0118:
Had a math class in HS and crazy dude said the same thing. He called the girl in front of him a jungle bunny and well, the fight was on . This was 1986. Guy would record his car engine running at idle and hitting the gas. It was Business Math for all the flunkies of Algebra 2 and it was the first year teaching for the hawt teacher that was maybe 24? She didn't return for year 2.

I have observed a lot more angry customers slamming the door open on the way out because we didn't want their stuff. Lots more honking on the highway out front of the shop. More rant threads here on the forum. College kids anger level with the Jews is out of sight high. People tailgating at 80 plus is common. Parents murdering kids in fits of rage, etc etc, etc. Some lady came walking by my primary job, cussing up a storm again the other night. She is a frequent flyer,. A guy went on a hammer attack at Wilsonville Safeway the other day. ATF is mad at us, we are mad at them..

There's a LOT of anger and hate out there ...

... WTF is going on?
I've never seen this level of anger 'out there' in my life.
There are overall heightened levels of discontent throughout our country for tons of reasons. Personally, I've been becoming more on edge, stressed out, impatient, and irritable lately for a variety of reasons. We have no safety net, no assets, no real chance of ever owning property, our cost of living is increasing significantly with no hedge and no more resources to deplete. Rent increases 10%+/yr, at/above $2k for an apartment, on top of rising food, utilities, health costs etc., but no banks would ever consider our income high enough to take on a mortgage payment...(even if there was a snowball's chance in HeII that we could find a reasonably affordable home and come up with a down payment)... on top of that, the employers many people work for are seeing record level profits over the last 5 years, receiving multi- million dollar bonuses (not salaries... bonuses), and exponentially growing investment portfolios while simultaneously cutting labor expenses at the bottom and running people into the ground to strengthen their margins.
This seems to be an increasingly common economic state that people live in with no hope of a better future. Even if there's still a functional monetary structure in this country by the time I'm old enough to retire, there's no likely chance that I'll be able to collect any of my contributions to the social security system and the pension that I'm contributing to will not suffice to cover even half of my basic monthly expenses when I'm old enough to retire, much less make my "golden years" enjoyable. The best retirement plan I can have is a half decent life insurance policy and an early punch-out.
I believe this sentiment is sweeping the nation, and could potentially be contributing to the angst and discontent you're witnessing. Amongst other things politically and socially...

It's actually just shy of 80k.
How much was the average cell phone bill, car insurance, and wifi payment in 1988? How many people actually paid out of pocket for health insurance, and how has that reflected throughout basic calculation accounting for inflation? The purchasing power of $30k would be worth about $80k if you're only accounting for inflation based on consumer goods, not life-expenses. How many $30k houses from 1988 are actually worth $80k today?

Last Edited:
I think he got nominal and real dollars confused?
I'm not arguing that the screenshot guy's numbers are accurate, but calculating the purchasing power of the dollar strictly based off CPI and consumer goods is not an accurate representation of the life you can aquire with said $80k. You have to account for increases in property value, insurances, services and expenses that didn't exist then... it's more than just a standard inflation calculation.

How much was the average cell phone bill, car insurance, and wifi payment in 1988? How many people actually paid out of pocket for health insurance, and how does that reflected throughout basic calculation accounting for inflation? The purchasing power of $30k would be worth about $80k if you're only accounting for inflation based on consumer goods, not life-expenses. How many $30k houses from 1988 are actually worth $80k today?
That makes for a tough comparison. Cell phones and wifi weren't widely in use in 1988. $30K houses were mobile homes and still needed land or a park to put them in/on.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top