Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Just Jim, May 28, 2009.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, if all else fails and you need a hard to get caliber I ran into a gunshop today that has nearly every caliber. It cost more there than any store you go to and it is way out of the way but he has shelves full of loaded ammo.

To give you an idea of his prices 130 grain 270 remington corelockt ammo was $30 for box of twenty. His large rifle primers were $6 a hundred so don't expect a fair price but he has alot of ammo.

The store is located on Highway 97 about 50 miles below Bend in a town called Cresent. He has Kens Sporting goods and Liguor store. His guns are priced so high it is embarassing to say.

If you really need ammo to hunt with and can't find it anywhere else then try him. He may mail it.

jj

2. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

So it's safe to say he's charging twice as much for all his stuff. Geee Wally I wonder why he's all stocked up when everybody else has barron shelves.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Yep he is high priced as **** but he has calibers that nobody else has and alot of it.

jj

4. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Yes I actually appreciate the tip but I've got enough right now to serve my purpose.

5. packman

packman coast Active Member

sounds like the ace hardware guy in waldport he
    has lots of wolf 223 and 7.62 for $13 a box or over $600/1k
    and he was giving me a brake because i am in there alot .
    he is just another retailer with no since of community