JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back when .22 was .47/50 I reloaded centerfire handgun for close to that. and I'm glad I did.. the cans bounce way better. you can still reload

I can tell you that for us, .22LT is a deal-breaker. I've literally had to change prices for classes and had to cancel two because we couldn't get it AT ALL, AT ANY PRICE a while back.

ALL of our first-time (with us) shooters start with .22 so we can judge fundamentals. For some this amounts to maybe 20 rounds or so. For others it's more like 70-100, and for some 150 or 200. Multiply that by 20 students and you see the issue. I can go through 2,000 rounds with a single class. I used to give that ammo away. Those days are long gone. And .40 or 9mm or 5.56? Good luck for anything less than extortion rates, even in bulk. (I've been known to drop several thousand on bulk buys.)

The ammo shortage has hit us very hard and our students even harder. We live in a very poor area and work as hard as we can to keep rates affordable for even the working poor. That's gone out the window with ammo prices.

Congrats hoarders: You just made responsible gun ownership harder.

Our stock broker is also an NRA instructor, he is also having trouble finding .22 LR. I have something over 4,000 rds and offered to sell him some of mine at before shortage prices so he could still do classes.
So far I guess he hasn't needed it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I have less than 2K rounds of .22. Some of it dates back to my college years when CCI Minimags were like a $1.50 a 100. I did buy a pack of .22L for my Ruger Super Single Six when I found a pack at Cabela's a couple months back, should have bought another. First .22 I have bought in 5 to 10 years, just don't get out to shoot it like I did. I'd donate some to a range for some range time. I think the shortage is hoarding but also new gun owners. 22 is THE entry firearm and has been for what...a century plus now? Hopefully it will return.

Brutus Out

Here in Salem over the last couple weeks I've seen bricks of Remington Golden and Thunderbolt .22LR at both Bi-mart and Sportsman Warehouse. Bi-mart got a bunch and it took about a week to sell out. I saw quite a few primers at Sportsman, along with bullets. Didn't check for powder, which seems to be the hardest thing to find still.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top