JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK,I work at the little gun shop up here once in a while.Mostly to get deals and BS(OK mostly BS then the deals)
I'm sure most have seen the math of the 22 ammo,saying if more than 1% of the shooting population buys 1 brick a day,they are a year behind in no time.(can't find the link)

So I was just hanging out today and had to take a customers money. Someone had Ellet Bros. sight up. On top was the notification of a limit of 5 cases of ammo per something.I closed the page to make a sale.
We've been telling people,well the shop owner has,that this will all pass and ammo will fill the shelve again.Seen this all before

I'm not so sure. I'm certain 22 ammo will take years to recover as way more than1% of the population is buy all they find.
If they are starting to limit quantities,are all the ammo factories that far behind and are all of use still buying that much?

I haven't seen any Blazer bulk packs in over 1 year, fortunately I am not running low yet but if I ran across a case for normal pricing, I wouldn't hesisitate to buy it. One can never have too much .22 ammunition.

It was getting fairly easy to get .22 ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse (on Thursdays) with no real rush on it but the last couple of weeks have been a little thin. I don't know if it is a latent fallout of DC or not but there is a noticeable drop in supply recently.

I have been buying a brick a week most weeks for the last few months. I have been selling some of it for unheard of profits. I made 28 cents this week selling my friends brother, who could not find any in Colorado, 2000 rounds of 22. A few week ago i made 2.34 cents selling a brick to a buddy who could not get to the store.
So I have added about 2500 rounds to my personal stock.

Take a lesson from the preppers and stock up when things are plentiful. I filled a .50cal can of bulk .22 six or seven years ago and still have about 2/3 left. Total cost was maybe $70.

Keith

... I made 28 cents this week selling my friends brother... A few week ago i made 2.34 cents selling a brick to a buddy
scrooge.jpg

scrooge.jpg

I assume you mean X cents per round?...

Also, i've started seeing the larger packs appearing in bimart/sportsmans etc, so the bulk packs are starting to return.

I'm just curious why everyone has gone so hogwild over 22LR? In my area, its pretty hit or miss to find. I have come across some, but it goes fast. What I have seen though, is soccer moms and everyday people that rarely shoot come in looking for 22LR and they buy as much as they are allowed day after day. I don't get it. From my point of view, they're not preppers nor shooters.....so what's the deal? Are they trying to flip it online?

I wouldn't assume that. Mark is a standup guy who isn't trying to profit by helping out a friend find ammo at a normal price.

It was the comment of 'unheard of profits' :)

And yes, i think that either people buying it for others, or trying to make a profit.... ? hmmm

I stockpile 9mm. It is only $0.27 per round anyway (and going down) - something I can easily afford. It is a decent self-defense round, makes bigger holes in paper when plinking, and I can practice with what I carry (managing real recoil).

.223 for similar reasons.

I'm just curious why everyone has gone so hogwild over 22LR? In my area, its pretty hit or miss to find. I have come across some, but it goes fast. What I have seen though, is soccer moms and everyday people that rarely shoot come in looking for 22LR and they buy as much as they are allowed day after day. I don't get it. From my point of view, they're not preppers nor shooters.....so what's the deal? Are they trying to flip it online?

I can tell you that for us, .22LT is a deal-breaker. I've literally had to change prices for classes and had to cancel two because we couldn't get it AT ALL, AT ANY PRICE a while back.

ALL of our first-time (with us) shooters start with .22 so we can judge fundamentals. For some this amounts to maybe 20 rounds or so. For others it's more like 70-100, and for some 150 or 200. Multiply that by 20 students and you see the issue. I can go through 2,000 rounds with a single class. I used to give that ammo away. Those days are long gone. And .40 or 9mm or 5.56? Good luck for anything less than extortion rates, even in bulk. (I've been known to drop several thousand on bulk buys.)

The ammo shortage has hit us very hard and our students even harder. We live in a very poor area and work as hard as we can to keep rates affordable for even the working poor. That's gone out the window with ammo prices.

Congrats hoarders: You just made responsible gun ownership harder.

I can't speak about .22, but I have received emails from online retailers with sale prices on other calibers. 5.56 mostly, and the 62 grain can be bought for under $500 per 1K.
It is half of where it peaked but I find it still too expensive. We should see lower prices still. Most likely to bottom in 2014 and then go crazy again in 2015 as the Chicago-Arkansas-New York carpet bagger makes her run for the presidency.
Of course if the republicans lose the house in 2014 those lower prices will snap buck up and head for the moon as soon as the election results are in.

Yesterday Sportsman's in Bend had several cases of green box Remington 500s & 400s in a red box with the individual 50s inside. The operative word was yesterday - Friday - and it was still available. That was a first.

Poppa is putting the soccer mommas up to buying too because of the limits :)

Yesterday Sportsman's in Bend had several cases of green box Remington 500s & 400s in a red box with the individual 50s inside. The operative word was yesterday - Friday - and it was still available. That was a first.

Every time I have been to Sportsman's all they have is Thunderbolt......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top