JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1 o'clock and six o'clock, "First" and "second to the last" (8th) groups fired. All five shot groups. Looks like I went completely through the node and found two loads. Or maybe my shooting just sucks and I got lucky huh?

Ammo test.jpg BBR.jpg

Last Edited:
I go .5 I shot for a group at the "8" on the target, 5 shots, looks like one went through one of the other holes. Adjusted up and to the left to get closer to being "on" then shot at the "9" on the target. Adjusted a tad right then shot the dot on the left, then the "10", then dot on the right. Went on to the bottom center of the orange bullseye. Then bottom left dot, bottom center, then bottom right.

As a side note. That rifle is a Browning BBR equipped with a "Straightjacket" barrel system from "Teludyne Technologies" in South Carolina. Pretty much eliminates most of the harmonics, substantially reduces recoil all the while keeping the barrel cool. Yer dear old granny could shoot that thing all day long and then pick it up by the barrel. That much reduced recoil and heat. That particular rifle got the carbon steel system which they do not offer anymore. I got it all done including shipping for around $500 back then. They only offer aluminum and titanium now but I guarantee its worth every penny in a big caliber rifle.

Last Edited:
Load up your 6 o'clock load again. Then adjust seating in and out by .005" each way.

Then find what length your rifle likes.

Capitol idea my man.......... The COAL on those was SAAMI spec and the magwell isnt much bigger. Be nice to have rounds I could load in to the magwell for hunting purposes. OTOH everyone says that pie plate MOA is fine for hunting but.........

Even though you were kidding I'd like to hear what yer thinkin. The rifle probably doesnt have 350 rounds through it and most of those after the straighjacket was installed.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews