JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what you get when you try to dig up so much dirt on your political enemies...

We never seem to run out of baseless fearmongering, and crisis manufacturing is running a surplus.

These people need crisis, otherwise the majority of folks wouldnt know what to do with their lives. Plus they might figure out that all the bureaucracy is a giant waste and put people out of work.

If this indeed a problem, they will allow it to get worse until we are re living the dust bowl era and use it as an excuse to push climate chang.

I have been hearing for years and years how our soil is depleted and that is why they have to add fertilizers. Maybe it's true but if we want to eat we have to grow the food somewhere, somehow. Do they really expect farmers to leave the fields empty once the nutrients are "depleted"? We would run out of land pretty quick if they did that.

I have been hearing for years and years how our soil is depleted and that is why they have to add fertilizers. Maybe it's true but if we want to eat we have to grow the food somewhere, somehow. Do they really expect farmers to leave the fields empty once the nutrients are "depleted"? We would run out of land pretty quick if they did that.

True enough, but now farmers are dependent on fertilizers and GMO crops from big ag, this are subject to whatever prices big ag wants them to pay. Americans may want cheap food, but those days are over, especially due to sky high fertilizer and diesel costs.

If you are super bored or looking for something to read to get you to sleep, this article does a great job of explaining where things are at.

I didn't read the article but the title makes me wonder how much prime farmland is covered up by these solar farms. Just in my daily life I see several new ones. I'd think that they would be more effective in a place that gets stronger, more frequent doses on actual sun. Just my two cents.

Soil shortage in USA during the dust bowl was a real thing. We fixed the problem by changing farming practices and creating grassland programs which fixed the problem here. And farming practices continue to improve here.

In other areas of the world where they use the most basic farming practices and don't pay attention to erosion soil shortage may be a real concern for them but not an issue in areas like USA, England, or other developed countries which use modern farming practices.

I still see a lot of serious soil erosion here in Yamhill county, sometimes to the point where roads are closed by all the top soil washed over them. It seems that some farmers here do not emulate those back in the Midwest where waterways" are the norm.

*permanent cover drops where water flows during heavy rains

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads