JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3-yrs ago when I retired, I could do the majority of my work from my mobile device. It sucked being paid so well and being able to work like that. Something else to consider perhaps is that the boomers represent the largest mass exodus from the workplace in history, so there are a lot of guys with plenty of time and plenty of disposable income.

I figured that was a portion of tge
3-yrs ago when I retired, I could do the majority of my work from my mobile device. It sucked being paid so well and being able to work like that. Something else to consider perhaps is that the boomers represent the largest mass exodus from the workplace in history, so there are a lot of guys with plenty of time and plenty of disposable income.

I figured That demographic was a large portion of the buying population for the aforementioned reasons. I guess globally I just wish there were a way to box out the resellers somehow and I wonder how having a single mass distribution time is affecting that.

Sportsman's is putting their ammo shipments on each stores Facebook page when it arrives each week. Here in Bend they are also not doing this first thing in the morning to prevent crowds waiting outside. It goes out at an unspecified time during the day. Last week they stopped putting it on the display stands and shelves due to an employee getting dog piled. All the people in line outside the store before opening were told to come back later.

I appreciate the OP trying to help, but I thought about calling sportsman's last week and asking this about this. Seems like it preferentially helps someone who is unemployed and maybe reselling. Obviously that not everyone who is buying. Maybe a second distribution in the evening for people with normal work hours would be more fair? Idk
Did Sportsman's even take your call? I think your second distribution idea is a good one. I suggest you talk in person with the store manager. I went in and griped about the powder situation a couple months ago. They kept all these display bottles on the shelves but you had to wait 10-30 minutes in line to find out that they were actually out of powder so the second time that happened to me, I griped to the manager about displaying stuff they don't have and won't take orders for and. Yada-yada Now they either have the item on the shelf or they are out. My point is-- They do listen.
Anyway...
I went by the Vancouver store at about 9:15. They still had ammo and were enforcing the 2 box rule as in 2 boxes of ammo PERIOD! Not 2 of each caliber just 2 boxes.
It was kind of funny seeing people with their arms or baskets full having to put ammo back (myself included:oops:). I ended up giving 2 of the 4 boxes I grabbed to some fellow but there was still a lot of 9, 38, 40 10MM and 45 ACP on the shelves when I checked out.

Did Sportsman's even take your call? I think your second distribution idea is a good one. I suggest you talk in person with the store manager. I went in and griped about the powder situation a couple months ago. They kept all these display bottles on the shelves but you had to wait 10-30 minutes in line to find out that they were actually out of powder so the second time that happened to me, I griped to the manager about displaying stuff they don't have and won't take orders for and. Yada-yada Now they either have the item on the shelf or they are out. My point is-- They do listen.
Anyway...
I went by the Vancouver store at about 9:15. They still had ammo and were enforcing the 2 box rule as in 2 boxes of ammo PERIOD! Not 2 of each caliber just 2 boxes.
It was kind of funny seeing people with their arms or baskets full having to put ammo back (myself included:oops:). I ended up giving 2 of the 4 boxes I grabbed to some fellow but there was still a lot of 9, 38, 40 10MM and 45 ACP on the shelves when I checked out.

I didn't call because I wasn't sure if others felt similarly. Now that they have that strict of a limit though, it may become not financially worthwhile for the resellers though. Fingers crossed.

First and last time I will ever go there again to that location as I'm from outside that area. I just happen to be running an errand near there today.

No luck. Got there at 8:40am and long line about 40-50 deep already wrapped around the corner. I felt like I was at a soup kitchen.

They were letting limited number of people in at a time. By the time I got in at 9:20am, all the popular calibers (9mm, 45, 22, etc) were gone. Only odd calibers and expensive defensive rounds left. I left empty handed. Urgh.

Anyone drove by yet to see if anyone has camped?
@7am

homeless-640x400.jpg

Kidding:D

First and last time I will ever go there again to that location as I'm from outside that area. I just happen to be running an errand near there today.

No luck. Got there at 8:40am and long line about 40-50 deep already wrapped around the corner. I felt like I was at a soup kitchen.

They were letting limited number of people in at a time. By the time I got in at 9:20am, all the popular calibers (9mm, 45, 22, etc) were gone. Only odd calibers and expensive defensive rounds left. I left empty handed. Urgh.
What store were you at? I got to the Vancouver store at 10 after 9 and walked right in, got a couple boxes of 9mm and was gone by 9:20.

LOL So Happy Valley is a store location and not a distribution center like I thought.
The OP is from Vancouver and the Vancouver store had pretty much the same sign in front.
Anywhere that sells ammo might as well consider themselves a "distribution center" the way the private market looks now days...
:s0064:

Sportsman's is putting their ammo shipments on each stores Facebook page when it arrives each week. Here in Bend they are also not doing this first thing in the morning to prevent crowds waiting outside. It goes out at an unspecified time during the day. Last week they stopped putting it on the display stands and shelves due to an employee getting dog piled. All the people in line outside the store before opening were told to come back later.
I believe they did this in an effort to reduce call volume in the stores. Bimart employees probably wish they could do the same.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top