JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sponsor of the bill thinks it will breeze through. Said since they had enough votes to block the other gun control proposals, they should have enough to pass this. Of course, I also understand that he is going to be optimistic since he wrote the bill.

For curbing gov spending alone this is a decent idea. What I'd be worried about is it back firing and gaining their attention on us firearm owners and avid shooters.
They could use the same defense and state that WE the people don't need that much either.
I have a little cache of ammo I never touch and keep purchasing more. When I DO go out to shoot I'll buy everything I need for that week or month the week or month prior as to not tap into what I've got stored away.

All in all, I would make this a real case of gov spending without any real need for it. Because I know darn well they don't blow through that stuff.

Jeez it's a purchasing agreement with a multi year renewal option. Not so scary to me, but I can see how people would get a little worried. When one of my sales guys gets a multi year government contract he doesn't understand why he doesn't get paid on the full amount. It's not an order, it's a way to lock in low bidders to a cheap rate so when raw material costs go up, costs of the final product can remain the same.

What it says to me is that the government is betting that brass, copper, and lead will all go up in price over the next 5 years.

I think the FBI raiding a house in SE PDX with their cool desert tan armored vehicle and tactical outfits had scarier implications.

Jeez it's a purchasing agreement with a multi year renewal option. Not so scary to me, but I can see how people would get a little worried. When one of my sales guys gets a multi year government contract he doesn't understand why he doesn't get paid on the full amount. It's not an order, it's a way to lock in low bidders to a cheap rate so when raw material costs go up, costs of the final product can remain the same.

Or somebody thought the prices on service ammo were tanking due to the draw down overseas, and wanted to lock in prices before the market corrected itself.

I'm curious if that two year inventory is actually physically on hand, or agreements for it to be delivered from the factory as needed.

Edit: I meant to catch the comment on metal prices in the quotation box instead of what I did. Forgive me being tired and inattentive.

I understand the purpose and spirit of the bill, and I would love to have more availability right now. But I don't know if we need to prevent them from putting in orders. At least with them putting in orders ahead of time, the manufacturers can attempt to accomodate and plan for the increased demand.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews