JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you Ownerus.
Another thought: has anyone ever tried acetone for that purpose?
Everything known to man is soluble in Acetone, including water.*

*When I worked in veterinary lab they used a splash of acetone to remove the last drop of water in the lab glassware without leaving residue on the glass. The acetone/water evaporates completely without leaving the little deposit water typically does when it evaporates.

1) I recall an article in a gun mag 20-30 years ago in which they tested a Martini from from Britain's Golden Age.
The best performance was from original ammo loaded in the 1870s still in the original foil sealed container.

2) Is the old GI Bore Cleaner in the OD can with the Death Head suitable for cleaning up after firing corrosive ammo?
I have some of that around and have used it successfully. Only problem is the vile stench! So it doesnt get used much, sorta resides in my "stockpile" mostly!

Lc 44 headstamp. I have maybe around 100 rds
Another 20 with lc 53 headstamp

I feel like they are collector items since they are so old but was wrong with some other stuff I had.

View attachment 729658

I've fired a LOT of vintage ammo. Most of it has been fine, with a few notable exceptions. It depends on how it was made, and how it was stored. I think it's highly likely that your WWII 30-06 ammo there will shoot fine.

And as others have said, they just made way too much of it for it to be particularly collectible. They turned it out by the billions in WWII. While not exactly collectible, I've found that it is desirable for some people. There are some who really get a kick out of firing their vintage weapons with the correct vintage ammo. For them, the fact that it's corrosively primed doesn't detract from the value.

I've fired a LOT of vintage ammo. Most of it has been fine, with a few notable exceptions. It depends on how it was made, and how it was stored. I think it's highly likely that your WWII 30-06 ammo there will shoot fine.

And as others have said, they just made way too much of it for it to be particularly collectible. They turned it out by the billions in WWII. While not exactly collectible, I've found that it is desirable for some people. There are some who really get a kick out of firing their vintage weapons with the correct vintage ammo. For them, the fact that it's corrosively primed doesn't detract from the value.
That's a good way of putting it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads