JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to walmart the other day, and they finally had bricks of .22lr, and almost every other kind of ammo they normally stock. It was the most I've seen at walmart probably since before Obama. The bad news though, is that the prices of all of it has gone up again. 100rd packs of 9mm WWB was almost $24 IIRC, and a brick of federal bulk .22 was $18 I think.

9mm WWB was only $21 last time I bought some from walmart, and the last brick of federal .22 I bought was $14 or $15.

Bi-mart jacked up all the prices of their stuff either late last year, or earlier this year, and I pretty much only buy primers, powder and buckshot there, as I can get bullets cheaper online.

I just canceled an order with midwayusa yesterday, because some of the stuff I ordered almost three months ago wasn't going to be in stock till September! I found what I needed at Grafs though.

Both midway and grafs are backordered on most of the affordable .308, .312, and .323 bullets though, and I noticed that midway jacked up the prices on the .44 bullets I shoot by about $3 too.

It looked to me like most of the hoarders had finally run out of money and things were getting back to normal again, but prices are up considerably everywhere over last year, and it looks like the hoarders are through with factory ammo and are stocking up on components instead.

I'm thinking more and more about getting into casting, and reloading for everything I shoot except .32acp and 7.62x39mm ammo, because it is getting mighty expensive to shoot anymore.

.45 Hornady Critical Defense on Sunday for only 21.99/20. They had 6 boxes, I could only afford 2. This is the first of the .45 Critical Defense I've seen too. They also had the PDX1 at 32.99/20, then I saw that Big5 had it for 22.99! It does pay to look around!

II"ve not seen bricks of .22's for 14 bucks in a LONG time. 16.90 at my Bimart,and they have thousands of rounds.

shooting cast bullets that I reload is a huge savings,the only way I can afford to blast away with my sixguns in 45colt. Last time I figured it out it was under 4 bucks a box of 50 rounds,rolling my own,and that is with buying the bullets from a chatter online.
..example; I can get 2000 cast bullets for 110 dollars shipped for my .38,and that is just one example I can think of...only had one cup of coffee so far. ;)

$18 for 550 rounds of Federal .22 isn't too bad. And if you go with generic 9mm, you can find boxes for around twelve dollars, which is pretty cheap in my book. I'm just glad I can buy .22 in bulk, instead of getting burned on 100 round boxes.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and picked up two boxes of Federal .45 for $16 a box.

They had the orange box of 9mm for $13. Ammo case was fairly full. A lot of .40.

Indeed prices are going up even for bulk components.
I order from Black Hills Shooters Supply and have noticed a price increase from their last flyer to their new flyer!
Example I have 30 carbine bullets on back order (4 months) or better and was warned prices were going up before I will get my order! GREAT
:confused::confused:

So what BiMart are you getting buckshot at. Asked at Gresham Bimart about buckshot and the guy just looked at me like i was asking for moon rocks. Said they never "carry that stuff"

Tell him to reach under the counter, drag out the All Sports catalog, and
give you a price on what you want. Bi-Mart can GET a lot of stuff they
don't stock. I've bought cases of Winchester 16 ga ammo from the one in
McMinnville. You just KNOW that's not a stocking item.:) Took a few
days to get it, but the price was great.

Now if they would just get the 20,000 federal primers in that I've had on backorder forever.:(

I was in Walmart on Mill Plain in Vancouver an hour ago and bought a couple 100 count boxes of .380 auto. First time I have seen it in a LONG time.
$31.97/ box of 100.
They have Fedeal 45 ACP at $15.97 and 100 count boxes of Winchester 45ACP for $32.97.

Ammo prices started rising three years ago. I noticed it at WalMart back then and started buying a few boxes whenever I was in the store as I knew it would cost more in a six months. I was well stocked by election time.
Prices then went crazy after the election and have now gone back to the same rising price trend that has been going on for the last three years.
The moral of the story.... It will even cost more next year so buy now.

Evidently, the word of ammo costs and shortages hasn't hit Mac. I dropped by the Wal-Mart here on Saturday night and found the shelves full. Over 20-25 boxes of 555-round Federal bulk packs, at $14.97 a box. Plus a fair amount of Remington .22, a significant amount of 9mm, and lots of centerfire rifle ammo.

I have not seen any evidence of Bi-Mart raising their prices since about June of 2008, before the last election. I have bought quite a bit of ammo there (when they had it) and the prices have remained constant. They have had shortages during the last year and a half but have not resorted to gouging.

I have to agree with dario541. The Woodstock Bimart here in Portland has quite a bit of .22 - Peters, Federal 525 ct. and Remington for about 16.99. That's been the same price for the last couple of years. I don't know about prices on larger pistol caliber - I reload those!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top