JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are folks using to pickup casing at the range? I am gearing towards the second one simply due to cost. But if it's worthless out there with dirt and gravel, than there is no point. Anyone with experience with either out for outdoor use or have better options? Again, looking for outdoor use.

$85 (Ammo-Up) Amazon.com: Compact AMMO-UP for Rifle & Pistol Brass: Sports & Outdoors
1588369746990.png

$37 (Brass Retriever)
1588369777862.png

Short story get some heavier/better quality painter tarps or you could make something like this.

I kinda did with a baseball pitchback frame and some small netting like mosquito type so its small holes and flexible. Had a friend sew it so it was recessed from the front of the frame and acts like a big basket of sorts.

Last Edited:
I use one similar to the Caldwell one you have pictured. Works pretty well on cement, hard pack dirt & dry sand. 9mm. .223 & .308.

Not so great during wet season, on dirt/sand.

Worth it for me, saves overworking my tired knees.

Steel cases I use a magnet on a pole with a release discard, then go back over with the cage roller for brass. For when we run 5.45 & 7.62x39, and brass stuff.

In the wet I'll usually just grab a second bucket as a seat and move the bucket around as I pick up by hand.

Sort story get some heavier/better quality painter tarps or you could make something like this.

I kinda did with a baseball pitchback frame and some small netting like mosquito type so its small holes and flexible. Had a friend sew it so it was recessed from the front of the frame and acts like a big basket of sorts.

nice! i like the brass catcher/net thing. no pickup if nothing ever dropped! but seem a bit bulky to lug around still (yeah, I am picky). my biggest deal would be... 1) I would always have my wife and kids shooting at the same time, so that means having multiple. 2) this is needing when shooting outdoor, and i wonder if high wind could knock it over.

I use one similar to the Caldwell one you have pictured. Works pretty well on cement, hard pack dirt & dry sand. 9mm. .223 & .308.

Not so great during wet season, on dirt/sand.

Worth it for me, saves overworking my tired knees.

Steel cases I use a magnet on a pole with a release discard, then go back over with the cage roller for brass. For when we run 5.45 & 7.62x39, and brass stuff.

In the wet I'll usually just grab a second bucket as a seat and move the bucket around as I pick up by hand.

thanks! I also just found that Ammo-Up has the small one on sale right now.

Unfortunately I can't remember their name but there is a place on the internet that sells brass magnets, along with a large variety of relative bearing grease, sky hooks, left hand monkey wrenches and a whole list of hard to find useful items for very reasonable prices, plus shipping cost of coarse and not available in some states.

I use one of these, works great.

77136CCF-1B9A-4527-B7E1-9F7C392B3A11.png

Check out Caldwell brass catchers. I have 2, with pic rail mounts on all my semi's, makes the catcher able to be used on all of my guns. Mounts to your firearm making it as mobile as can be. Many versions to fit all weapons. Catch it before it hits the ground. CALDWELL

Check out Caldwell brass catchers. I have 2, with pic rail mounts on all my semi's, makes the catcher able to be used on all of my guns. Mounts to your firearm making it as mobile as can be. Many versions to fit all weapons. Catch it before it hits the ground. CALDWELL

Wifey got one of those. It won't mount far enough back because of the scope base. I didn't spend much time with it to see if I could mod it to work though. Besides, I/we can use the exercise and it't flat ground and easy to pick up.

I'll take a closer look at another time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top