JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1500
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tualatin
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hello,

Please see the pictures of this beautiful example of German old world craftsmanship. Here I have for sale a DWM 1900 model American Eagle chambered in the original Luger caliber: 7.65 Parabellum or 30 Luger.
It was likely made in 1902, it has all matching serial numbers and still has the original finish including the straw bluing on the trigger. It has the scalloped ejector lugs that help to indicate it as a 1900 with the accompanying leaf main spring. It has the American Eagle symbol engraved over the barrel as DWM was trying to sell lugers to all major government powers at the turn of the century. The Swiss adopted it for a time and have a similar styled luger but this model is rarer still because the US government never adopted it (as we all know). They even used a small number in trials with the US Calvary - this one does not fall in that serial number range. This one is in the 8xxx serial range so it would have been made a few months after those trial guns. When the US declined to use the luger as it's service weapon, DWM continued to sell it to the American public with the proud symbol of our people emblazoned on it. This is likely one of those. I assume it has the original magazine as they were not serialized but it definitely looks to be of the same age.

Now onto why I'm selling it. I bought it with the intention to shoot it but upon further research and due to the condition of this one I could not bring myself to shoot it. I have 4 boxes of 7.65 ammo that will go with it but I do not encourage you shooting it either - but once it is yours you can do as you wish! I don't like to own guns I am not willing to shoot so that is why I'm getting rid of it. I thought it would be a nice conversation piece but I have other interests I would like to fund like truck parts and other guns.

I am asking for $2500 cash. I would entertain a few trades:
Looking for a 7mm 98k Mauser in good condition + cash
A colt commander with ring hammer in good condition + cash
M1a + cash

Let me know what time got but I'm mainly looking for cash.

Also if you need further pictures or info let me know but there is a ton of information on these on the Internet and I highly suggest you watch this video on the 1900 model Luger for more great information:

Small Arms of WWI Primer 145: Swiss Luger 1900

Thank you,

Jake

1000002810.jpg 1000002812.jpg 1000002811.jpg 1000002814.jpg 1000002806.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Looking at these pictures it does not do it justice... this thing is pristine. No rust anywhere - I don't think it's had much more than a box of ammo through it if that, it's whole life.

Found out that this gun is likely refinished :( lowered the price to reflect this. Looking for straight across trade for a nice Mauser in 7mm or a 1911 commander in .45.

It's is a beautiful gun. Reading your ad prompted me to look in my safe as I recall that my grandfather gave me on about 50 years ago. It's almost identical to yours, it's in amazing shape with original finish. I'll be watching your sale closely as I ponder what's mine worth.

luger.jpeg

It's is a beautiful gun. Reading your ad prompted me to look in my safe as I recall that my grandfather gave me on about 50 years ago. It's almost identical to yours, it's in amazing shape with original finish. I'll be watching your sale closely as I ponder what's mine worth.

View attachment 1732775
Wow ! Yours is in better shape than mine! It does look all original where I found out mine was reblued at some point in it's life. When I bought it I thought it was original but hey, live and learn :) Did you see the video I linked in my post? Such an interesting history. I've seen them online in that condition between 2100 to 3500 ! Just out of curiosity, what's your serial number on that one? Thanks for sharing 🙏

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews