JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand they are swamped. It is what it is.

But, when they say the item will arrive at the end of the week, and weeks later I'm still receiving notices of extended delivery dates, that's not acceptable. Just be up front with me and be honest. Tell me the item is not in inventory, so we cannot even remotely promise a delivery date.

I've recently cancelled multiple orders, only because at week two, with the item not even yet shipped, I'm discovering the BUY NOW with delivery by Friday is just a click-bait tactic to make one more sale.

Last Edited:
Often stuff will say 4 days to deliver and suddenly show up 2 days early.

The UTV windshield I ordered showed up this morning. Wasn't supposed to be here until next Thursday, so there's that.

But, I work graveyard shift and sleep during the day. The delivery guy leaned the package up against the doorbell and left, so my doorbell was going off constantly until I got up and put on clothes and retrieved it. Was pretty funny.

I've found third part sellers are the biggest problem with delayed deliveries. Some take a week or more before they ship and then UPS is totally overwhelmed. If it is fulfilled by Amazon and sent via USPS or Amazon delivery then it seems to be better. I've been getting one day delivery on some items.

My biggest problem with Amazon is the last mile. We live in the sticks up a quarter mile of one lane, gravel road. I have a 450' gravel driveway that's 12' wide. We order a LOT from Amazon. Lately the USPS has been contracting out delivery of Amazon shipments. Our contractors seem to be two menopausal, mean faced, clipped haired women who arrive in a decades old Subaru awash to the window sills with packages, fast food detritus, and dirty laundry. I think they live in that car. Whatever, they seem to be afraid of dogs and will not even roll down a window if my dog is visible. Of course, our 1 year old standard poodle puppy always greets them because she wants to play. So we never get a delivery when they are on duty. We always get a "could not deliver" notice. Now, the dog alerts to ANY presence on the property and greets EVERY delivery vehicle, so I absolutely know when someone comes up the driveway. I consistently get notices that they attempted to deliver a package and couldn't at times when I know I was sitting in my living room and that NO ONE came up the driveway. I don't think they even got off the pavement. I think they just drove on by and sent the notice to excuse their lack of effort. I've complained to the postmaster about this. We'll see if it does any good.

I still get things fairly quickly (under a week or by advertised dates) then again I live in a city where a distribution center is located.

I have noticed shipping dates have increased but I have also got items ahead of schedule with Prime, even ebay. I understand it now but pre CV19 it was absolutely annoying as i've had a couple times where orders got botched or never shipped until I contacted the seller.

Erryday I see tons of Amazon trailers go by work.

I have/had lots of the same experience with prime. The 2 day shipping is NOT ...wait a week til its shipped, then two days later you are supposed to get it! I dug pretty deep into the policy and 2 day shipping means, you order monday and get it delivered on Wednesday. If it won't happen that way,complain complain complain and don't let them just give you a "sorry". YOU are paying for that service and you have to make that clear to them! Worked for me :)

I've pretty much quit Amazon for the time being. When Covid came along, they quickly jacked the prices of many of the items I've been buying. When some people do this, it's called gouging. When Amazon does it, it's called supply and demand. They can do without my money for now.

Not just amazon. The whole shipping industry is hurting right now.

Shipping. I mostly use USPS on outgoing stuff. I've been selling a lot of gun related items lately all over the country. Priority Mail goes by commercial air. We know lots of flights have been cancelled or discontinued. This places limits on the cargo space available for Priority Mail. So it has incurred longer delivery times. In part simply due to more complex routing necessary to take advantage of the limited flights that are available. It can't be helped considering the transportation situation at present.

Many commercial airliners have been converted from passenger configuration to cargo lately. I've even heard that packages were being strapped into pax. seats with seat belts. Overhead storage bins have been used for air cargo.

I did ship some ammo by UPS to one of our members. I shipped it from Everett to Vancouver, WA, ground shipping it was there next day.

I ordered some goodies from Botach, fully aware of the delays. I just had to check, but it was just over 2 weeks before it shipped. Everything arrived just fine, so I was happy! eBay is a good site for speedy delivery.

Seems that maybe that "last mile" maybe a quirk in the delivery algorithm, causing delays on some folks part?

ie the computer won't even bother picking for the outlying orders until it can pick X number of semi - trailer order loads going to particular communities first??

No idea, obviously, just assumptions.

Regardless, we've done a bunch of ordering with amazon amidst the "Covid", most with about a day or 2 extra expected delivery dates. Which is fine IMO, given the massive influx of delivery orders acrossed the country.

BUT we only buy "sold" by Amazon, or "fulfilled" by amazon. And only in stock. And check expected delivery dates before ordering. There's been a few things we've simply skipped ordering, as the expected delivery dates were way out.

Just bought a cheapo duffle bag. Would have been 2 days shipped to Southern Oregon, or 3 days shipped to South Carolina (noted when choosing ship to address).

Chose shipping to South Carolina.

Was supposed to get delivered today, Sat 5/23. Got delivered yesterday.

Last Edited:
The "last mile" is a logistics thing - it is the most expensive part of any delivery system, whether it be packages, or mail or cable TV or electricity.

This is especially true if you live in the boonies with a low population density. FedEx/Amazon/UPS doesn't come out here very often, so making a delivery is expensive because they have to go out of their way. In the city, the chances that they are coming into your area or near it, are much higher, so it is much less expensive to deliver to you.

OTOH, the USPS already goes to most homes almost every day to deliver mail, if it is only junk mail, so often they do the "last mile" for a lot delivery systems - if you live in a sparsely populated outlying area like me - Amazon sends the package via whatever (UPS/FedEX/DHL - whoever is cheaper) who in turn hands it off to USPS. Or maybe USPS gets it from the outset. Then when your mail is delivered so is your package. Often, but not always.

Everyone is shipping slow now. Its to be expected given a lot of stores are shuttered and especially on the gun front there has been a load of panic buying. I remember the 4-6 weeks shipping times before credit cards and web pages so no biggie.

Off the topic,
I placed an order with Botach on 4/4/2020, I still have yet to receive.
They are known to be "slow" at times, and I've been patient. Everything panned out.
This order, I'm borderline cancelling.

Theyre getting hammered like everyone else. Been shopping with Botach for 20 years. You get what you ordered eventually.

The UTV windshield I ordered showed up this morning. Wasn't supposed to be here until next Thursday, so there's that.
I've experienced that as well. Sometimes hit the buy button and there's a noise on the front porch, other times, like some clothes my wife has on order are 2-weeks to a month out. I appreciate all our delivery services because we are out in the sticks and they are all running ragged now due to the Covid1984 Globull Plandemic.

I order from Amazon as well since I am a prime member. I had to wait a few more days about 6 weeks ago so it took 4 days instead of 2 but I am home now. I did order a neck gaiter face scarf on May 5th and was delivered on May 22 which is the longest I had to wait ever.

We did order from Amazon Fresh but it was hard to find an open delivery time since only show 3 days of delivery Windows now. I looked just after midnight and there was an open window from 7pm to 9pm two days out so I took it.

Such first world problems right? :D

I order from Amazon as well since I am a prime member. I had to wait a few more days about 6 weeks ago so it took 4 days instead of 2 but I am home now. I did order a neck gaiter face scarf on May 5th and was delivered on May 22 which is the longest I had to wait ever.

We did order from Amazon Fresh but it was hard to find an open delivery time since only show 3 days of delivery Windows now. I looked just after midnight and there was an open window from 7pm to 9pm two days out so I took it.

Such first world problems right? :D
LOL, every time it takes them 2 or 3 days to get me something now and I get mad I tell myself, slow down, remember when it took weeks? I know I got spoiled quick with the same day stuff. It is impressive now compared to not very long ago. I should remember the days of mailing and order in, then couple weeks later or longer to get. One year for Christmas Wife bought me a fax machine. So then I could fax the orders in and cut a few days off. Now I get mad when it takes a few days :D

LOL, every time it takes them 2 or 3 days to get me something now and I get mad I tell myself, slow down, remember when it took weeks? I know I got spoiled quick with the same day stuff. It is impressive now compared to not very long ago. I should remember the days of mailing and order in, then couple weeks later or longer to get. One year for Christmas Wife bought me a fax machine. So then I could fax the orders in and cut a few days off. Now I get mad when it takes a few days :D

I remember the days where the orders were done by hand and you had to get a cashiers check at the bank. You had to know the physical address and you had to call them to see how much the items were stock or not. You had to pay for the shipping costs as well and it took 4 to 6 weeks to receive the order. That is when AT&T had a monopoly and long distance calls were expensive.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads